The Workshop Administrator is responsible for ensuring the provision of a quality service to customers, acting as a key liaison between key customer contacts and workshop management. Additionally, the Workshop Administrator will provide administration support service to relevant departments at RML.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Providing full administrative support to the workshop management.
• Issuing job lists to workshop / compound staff.
• Ensuring completed vehicles are available for collection / delivery.
• Liaison with Toyota Kenya for any communication of Toyota dealership.
• Ensuring all workshop activities (Job cards) are entered into database Mars software.
• Supporting various activities within the department eg following parts orders.
• Understanding and complying with customers’ policies, practices and procedures.
• Dealing with customer queries in an efficient and professional manner. Reporting customer issues immediately to appropriate personnel.
• Managing the workshop time and attendance system.
• Generating daily, weekly and monthly reports.
• Responsible for processing all vehicle repair estimates and ensuring efficient follow up on outstanding tasks.
• Identifying discrepancies and taking appropriate action to stop recurrences.
• Developing a thorough understanding of Customer Care policies and procedures.
• Helping to facilitate a Continuous Improvement in the workshop processes.
• Maintaining workshop storage and filing system.
• Management of vehicles parts store and ordering of parts.
• Supporting senior management with a variety of duties while replacement of the workshop manager during absence. Ensure proper handing over/take over while standing in.
• Responsible for managing of all visitors to the workshop, including hand off to the relevant contact.
• Any other duties/responsibilities as assigned by Management.
Minimum diploma in automotive engineering qualifications
Supervisory coupled with administrative over 3 years work experience in automotive engineering workshop would be ideal.
- Provide technical specialist consultancy services to our clients.
- Good Mechanic technical knowledge and working experience with Toyota vehicles.
- Proven experience managing and organising, coordination and planning. Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Excellent computer skills and working with fleet management software’s is important.
- Team player with experience in workshop/Fleet management set up.
- Working independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent Managerial skills. Customer Service/relationship Management experience.
- Ability to diversify in area of responsibility and think out of the box to achieve results.
- Able to multitask and work under pressure while working to meet deadlines.
- People management and multi-cultural working experience.
- Must have worked in remote areas like Turkana and ready to travel in short notice.
- Driving licence of class BCE, good to drive Heavy vehicle for long distance.
Interested applicants to submit their applications before 6th June 2022.