The water technician is responsible for the production process and supply of treated portable water through Reverse Osmosis & Ultra Filtration technology at SHOFCO water treatment facilities. The incumbent shall be responsible of the Lindi and Laini Saba water treatment sites.
- Operate, monitor and maintain the borehole water pumping systems, including pumps, raw water tanks, clean water tanks, piping system and power supply systems.
- Operate and maintain the water treatment to produce optimum quality, potable water for use in the SHOFCO facilities, water kiosks and other supply points.
- Ensure production of adequate purified water to meet the daily water demand. This may require working extra hours, including weekends and public holidays. Be on call for emergency call outs when on shift or as need arises.
- Monitor water levels for both raw and clean water storage tanks and ensure all SHOFCO facilities, water kiosks and other connections are adequately served.
- Read flow meters, gauges and other recording instruments to measure water output and consumption levels.
- Monitor and inspect plant equipment and systems to detect equipment malfunctions and to ensure plant systems are operating normally.
- Perform minor repairs/maintenance or assist skilled external technicians with installation, servicing and repair of water treatment plant components.
- Clean the plant room & all surfaces of the water treatment plant components
- Measure, mix and monitor chemicals levels daily or when needed.
- Maintain site logs, daily reports, inventory, and consumables. Recommend the purchase of relevant consumables and equipment as required.
- Ensure safety standards are observed at all times.
- Perform any other responsibilities required for the successful implementation of the WASH program.
- Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical/Water Engineering or equivalent.
- Computer knowledge as most RO/UF plants use computerized equipment.
- Minimum 1-year experience in operating water treatment plants, particularly RO/UF plants.
- Interacting with people
- Showing composure
- Team working
- Establishing rapport
- Upholding standards
Monday – Friday | 8.00 AM – 5.00PM.