Department: Supply Chain
Direct report:Operations Manager
Interface with: All Departments
Supervises: Inventory Clerks, Stores Supervisors, Store Keepers, Stores Clerks
Managing company stores operations from Raw materials, finished goods and Consumables to ensure proper stocks are maintained, minimum and maximum levels are determined and no stock outs are experienced at any given time.
- Managing stores operations in an efficient manner to ensure stores operations run smoothly.
- Monitoring all stock movement from various stores to determine required minimum and maximum stock.
- Raising request for purchase of items upon timely considering lead time.
- Providing daily, weekly and monthly summary reports to management on stores status.
- Updating of ERP on all incoming materials as per the purchase orders.
- Monitoring/reviewing issuance of raw material and consumable material as per Production Plan.
- Planning and execution of regular stock take to ascertain stock accuracy.
- Ensuring stocks accuracy in stock cards as well as ERP system, sharing the stock reports to relevant departments for execution of their mandate e.g. sales, planning, dispatch and suppliers.
- Enforce compliance of stock control processes by all stores team interacting with various stock items.
- Continuously establish warehouse practices and protocols to achieve an efficient warehouse management set up.
- Drive customer service excellence to every aspect of the store, including store appearance, display of merchandise, product placement, story layout, and selling procedures
- In charge of closure of any nonconformities raised to stores.
- Any other duties as allocated, removed or delegated by management.
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behavior expected of them.
- Ensure the delivery of the People Strategy within area of accountability Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels.
- Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems.
- Review, implement and update company records e.g. training matrices, performance reviews, risk assessments.
- Communicate KPIs from the strategic annual plan so that each employee is aware
- Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures.
- Support encourage and develop team and take ownership for team cohesion
- Proactively contribute to creating a good team atmosphere
- Makes useful links to arrive at insightful plans and solutions
- Embraces personal challenge.
- Confident, rounded thinking
- Is resilient, optimistic and open to change
- Has an Adult: Adult, collaborative approach to others
- A self-starter, motivated and able to positively motivate others
- Focused and target driven with a positive, can-do attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply chain Management or any other Business related course from a recognized institution.
- Over 5 years of experience in a busy manufacturing set up.
- Previous work experience in a Similar/ related role.
- Previous work experience with ISO, KAIZEN, Lean and Six Sigma is an added advantage
- Good leadership and man management skills
- Computer Knowledge is a requirement.
- ERP understanding is also a requirement.
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
- Good written, verbal and presentation skills
- Good organizational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
All applications should be submitted by 17th September 2021 COB