TLS Contact is looking to hire an experienced VACOps Engineer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Install IT infrastructure: network, computers, CCTV, servers, rack.
- Troubleshoot, upgrade, and improve existing infrastructures.
- Test new technologies for possible implementation.
- Source hardware equipment and organize buying lists.
- Compare and optimize local services providers.
- Supervise contractors' work.
- Test and troubleshoot new hardware components.
- Configuring and troubleshooting Linux-related issues.
- Audit existing infrastructure security and fill checklists.
- Fixing and maintaining printers, scanners, and other IT equipment.
- Handle helpdesk service requests, submitted via email, ticketing system, or helpdesk phone.
- Receive technical support calls, troubleshoot, and resolve the issue, when possible.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to IT.
- Infrastructure and escalate to supervisor if necessary.
- Develop and improve standard test procedures.
- Travel on missions abroad.
- Carry out any duties assigned by your Line Manager.
- Bachelor of Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science or any other related field.
More Details on Experience
- Experience with Cisco routers & switches is required
- Experience in VMware or any virtualization environment is required.
- Experience with Windows is required: Windows 10 – Windows 2k8 Server and the latest version.
- Experience in MS Active Directory is required.
- Experience in patching, cable management & IT room installation is required.
- Experience with Linux is required: CentOS, Ubuntu.
- Experience with ISO 27001 Certification would be considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of load and security testing would be considered as an advantage.
More Details on Skills
- Strong self-organization skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical employees.
- Able to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent level of English (verbal and writing skills).
Terms And Conditions
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications to: [email protected] with the email subject (VACOps Engineer – Nairobi) by 26th May 2023.