Announcement Number: Nairobi-2021-049
Hiring Agency: Embassy Nairobi
Position Title: Truck Driver - All interested Applicants
Open Period: 06/02/2021 - 06/16/2021
The U.S. Mission in Nairobi is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Truck Driver.
Basic Function of the Position
- Drives couriers and diplomatic bags to and from Nairobi’s airport as required
- Act as an expediter; keeps couriers abreast of any airport or visa issues that may arise in Nairobi.
- Provides assistance to diplomatic couriers in moving classified pouches through Nairobi Intl Airport.
- Is responsible for maintenance of Nairobi Regional Diplomatic Courier Hub's (NRDCH) vehicles.
High School education is required.
Level 3 English (Good Working Knowledge, reading/writing/speaking) is required. (This may be tested)
Level 3 Swahili (Good Working Knowledge, reading/writing/speaking) is required.
Position requires a total of 3 years experience – i.e., 3 years experience in driving standard vehicles and commercial trucks; and 2 years clerical and/or airport cargo experience in shipping, transportation, or a related field also required (included under the 3 years).
- Maintain a current and valid local driver’s license for large commercial trucks, vans, and regular passenger vehicles.
- Ability to use a computer to include MS-word, Excel, etc.
- Ability to manage difficult situations and make appropriate loading decisions under pressure.
- Ability to professionally negotiate with airline agents and airport officials.
- Must be capable of performing moderately arduous work including the lifting of 50 lb. loads and loads of several hundred kilos with mechanical equipment
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applications to be submitted through the link before 16th June 2021 https://erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/vacancy/viewVacancyDetail.hms?_ref=mznvrxpnpt0&returnToSearch=true&jnum=24279&orgId=25