Announcement Number: Nairobi-2021-036
Hiring Agency: Embassy Nairobi
Position Title: Travel Assistant - (U.S Embassy Mogadishu located in Nairobi)
Open Period: 03/23/2021 - 04/08/2021
Basic Function of the Position
The incumbent performs the following functions:
- Ensures that travel arrangements are economical and provide the most expeditious means of transportation while adhering to U.S. Government regulations.
- Responsible for handling and coordinating logistical support for all official visitors to Mogadishu.
- Incumbent coordinates the arrivals and departure of travelers transiting Nairobi.
- Facilitates smooth entry of USG personnel and VIPs through border entry points and international airports (primarily Jomo Kenyatta International airport (JKIA).
- Responsible for very complex transactions requiring a thorough understanding of U.S. Government regulations.
- The position reports to Nairobi based Deputy Management Officer for Embassy Mogadishu.
- Periodic travel to Mogadishu may be required.
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
Level IV English (Fluency, reading/speaking/writing) (This may be tested) is required.
Level III Kiswahili (Good Working Knowledge, speaking/reading/writing) is required.
Two years of progressively responsible experience in the travel or the tourism field is required.
The job holder must have a thorough working knowledge of Nairobi and Kenya hotel accommodations. The job holder must be able to use the normal range of office equipment.
Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to interpret official documents and regulations is required.
Working knowledge of standard computer systems including Word is required. Good customer service skills are required.
Organizational skills are required to operate independently with limited direct supervision of day-to-day activities and to lead a results-driven program.
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Interested applicants click on the link to submit their application through the link before 8th April 2021 https://erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/vacancy/viewVacancyDetail.hms?_ref=ofbubgd3pt0&returnToSearch=true&jnum=22340&orgId=25