U.S. Mission Nairobi
Announcement Number: Nairobi-2022-102
Position Title: Supply Supervisor (Receiving)
Opening Period:11/21/2022 – 12/5/2022
Series: FSN - 805
Salary/Grade: Position Grade: FSN-7; FP-7
Who May Apply: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
(Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.)
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Nairobi is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Supply Supervisor (Receiving).
Serves as the Receiving Supervisor in the GSO warehouse. Responsible for ensuring that all USG purchased property, expendable/non-expendables supplies are correctly received, inspected and posted in ILMS within 3 working days by the receiving clerks as per the SOP and laid down guidelines. The incumbent is responsible for not only supervising receiving and inspection but also ensures correct asset creation, correct agency codes and correct item description are followed in order to avoid misclassification. In addition, the incumbent oversees the safety of government property in the receiving area and guards against pilferage, waste, damages and obsolescence together while maintaining proper documentation. Incumbent is in-charge of the keys to the receiving area including pilferable cage, filing and controlling access to the receiving bay to only those permitted.
Supervises, coaches and rates the performance of the 5 receiving supply clerks (C52234, C52237, C52216, C52233, C52248) under his docket ensuring they comply with the receiving policy guidelines and SOP while processing Receiving and Inspection reports of government-owned property in accordance with 14FAM.
Works under the direct supervision of the Assistant Warehouse Supervisor (C52228) who rates the incumbent and within the general supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor(C52200)
- Two years of college studies and completion of secondary School is required
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a warehouse facility dealing in receiving and storage of commodities.
- A minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience of which should be associated with property/warehouse management is required.
LANGUAGE: Level IV English (Fluent, reading/ writing/speaking) is required. (This may be tested)
Level III Kiswahili (Good Working Knowledge, reading/ writing/ speaking) is also required.
- Must have Supervisory skills are required,
- Must be computer literate- MS Office, good communication skills both writing and speaking.
- Must be able to type competently.
- EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- Applications should be submitted by 5th December 2022
- Click on this link to apply: https://erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/vacancy/viewVacancyDetail.hms?_ref=bgy1ohdbpt0&returnToSearch=true&jnum=41497&orgId=25