One of VSO’s education projects is the “Professional Development in Upper Secondary Schools” (PDUSS). This project is a partnership with the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (MoEYS) and a local NGO called Kampuchea Action for Promoting Education (KAPE). The partnership aims to improve the inclusiveness, effectiveness and relevance of Upper Secondary Education (grade 10-12) nation-wide, and in 50 Upper Secondary Schools more specifically. VSO’s role in the partnership is to develop the structure of the programme (training guides, course manuals etc.), working with MoEYS personnel on planning the delivery, and to provide on-the-job support to teachers and staff at national, provincial and school levels.
The Teacher Education Advisor (STEM) will provide training to core trainers and on-the-job coaching support to personnel of the MoEYS. This coaching will be about the new Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) curriculum for grades 10-12 at Upper Secondary school.
This on-the-job coaching support means demand-led capacity development in the following areas:
- The new Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) curriculum;
- Inclusive and learner-centred instruction and project-based learning;
- Leading the design of the programme for the professional development of science subject teachers;
- Planning, costing, and delivering the programme for the professional development of teachers that comprises a blend of face-to-face training, on-the-job support and self-learning;
- Coordination, monitoring and evaluation of activities related to the professional development of science subject teachers;
- Effective collaboration, communication and knowledge sharing, and the facilitation thereof, with and between project stakeholders at national, regional and school levels.
The STEM Teacher Education Advisor is responsible for providing demand-led on-the-job coaching support to personnel of the MoEYS, which includes the following areas of work:
- Developing a work plan for STEM capacity development
- Providing on-the-job support through coaching related to the new STEM curriculum, inclusive and learner-centred instruction and assessment, and project-based learning
- Ensuring that all activities are aligned with VSO’s Core Approaches: Social Inclusion and Gender, Social Accountability and Resilience
- Reporting/updating the Project Manager on implementation of activities, progress, opportunities and challenges on a regular basis
Partnership engagement and collaboration
- Maintaining efficient partnerships with the MoEYS personnel to ensure effective project delivery
- Building strong collaboration with the project team in project delivery in particular with the international volunteer/counterpart
Monitoring and reporting
- Monitoring and reporting on the capacity development of MoEYS personnel
- Conducting case studies together with other international volunteers on project’s chains of results
Communication and outreach
- Promoting VSO’s visibility and raise VSO’s profile in the workplace
- Identifying innovative solutions for reaching out to- and engaging with relevant stakeholders
Minimum Education Background
- Master in Education in field of science and/or Artificial Intelligence or STEM related majors.
Essential work experience/skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in education and/or science
- Knowledge of effective teaching methods/project based learning
- Experience in facilitating the professional development of others
- Experience in ongoing consultation and involvement of stakeholders
- Experience in delivering expected outputs in challenging contexts with short deadlines
- Confidence to represent VSO in official meetings with partners
- Excellent skills in building effective work relationships built on trust and mutual accountability.
- Excellent coordination and planning skills with experience of delivering results under high pressure.
- Experience of working within the fields of social inclusion, gender, social accountability and resilience
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please click the link //bit.ly/volunteerrolestemspecialisttalentpool for more information.
All applications to be submitted through the link before 31st December 2022