Announcement Number: Nairobi-2021-038
Hiring Agency: Embassy Nairobi
Position Title: Senior Systems Engineer (U.S. Embassy Mogadishu located in Nairobi) - All Interested Applicants
Open Period: 03/25/2021 - 04/12/2021
The U.S. Embassy Mogadishu (located in Nairobi) is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Senior Systems Engineer.
- The Senior Systems Engineer is the principal advisor and technical expert on all aspects of DoS and Commercial Off the Shelf software at the post and is supervised by the Information Management Officer (IMO).
- The incumbent is responsible for remotely supporting all DoS Software upgrades at U.S. Embassy Mogadishu, including the Chancery, Tactical Operations Center, Alternative Residential Compound 1, and Alternative Residential Compound 2, and USAID/Mogadishu.
- He/She is responsible for the Management of the Embassy’s SharePoint site and basic Web Design at Post.
- The incumbent is also the Assistant System Manager and remotely Manages the OpenNet LAN/WAN and the Domestic Internet Network (DIN) when the Information Management Officer (IMO) is not available.
- The Senior Systems Engineer assists with resource management, system and project planning, electronic document administration, development, administering, and evaluating post system software requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology.
- Level III English (Good working knowledge Writing/Speaking/Reading (This may be tested) is required.
- Minimum of five years of progressively more responsible experience in the IT field.
- The Experience must include Management of Software and Hardware programs in a Local Area Network environment, Computer/technical management experience in a large organization.
- Efficient and effective management of posts’ LAN/WAN/MAN systems so to provide posts with the necessary tools to accomplish Mission goals and objectives. Must be able to prioritize competing demands from systems’ users.
- Individuals must be capable of working without direct supervision.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applications should be submitted through the link before 12th April 2021 https://erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/vacancy/viewVacancyDetail.hms?_ref=rel2exbnpt0&returnToSearch=true&jnum=22391&orgId=25