Standard Focus is currently looking to recruit a qualified Senior Java Developer for our operations in Kenya.
- Working across a number of business areas providing development, maintenance and support
- Working as part of squads and occasionally solo developments as the business needs arise
- Discuss/Meet business stakeholders to understand the problems they wish to address
- Liaise with architects, analysts, business representatives, infrastructure specialists to jointly develop proposals for technical solutions including implementation deployment, support and troubleshooting overviews
- Scope and conduct needed Proof of Concepts when necessary
- Help identify probable causes and provide immediate solution during an incident
- Provide assistance to other developers/projects as needed
- Attend daily meetings to report on assigned tasks’ progress and attend fortnightly meetings for project planning and other meetings from time to time
- Complete tasks & deliver projects on-time and to the highest standards
- Contribute significant ideas for making the applications better and easier to use
- At least 5+ years of working experience in serving as a Java Developer working on varied type of software development projects
- Ability to write and interpret technical documentation
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Creative, analytical, and with strong problem solving skills.
- Strong grasp of established and emerging technologies, systems, platforms, and software.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Independent but collaborative, driven, assertive, and willing to work on simultaneous projects.
- Ability to work in a team and works well under pressure and deadlines
- Background in Agile Software Development using Scrum Methodology is preferred but not required.
- Background in Online Gaming is preferred but not required
- Full-Time position available
Mandatory Skills and Experience
- Expert knowledge of Java and open source software (e.g. Spring)
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, preferably with Oracle databases
- Experience designing and building RESTful web service APIs
- Passion for writing high quality, rock solid software
- Previously worked on large scale multi-threaded projects
- Demonstrable knowledge of Maven and Linux
- Experience building highly transactional, high volume distributed server applications
- Knowledge of JVM monitoring and performance tuning Java applications, as well as troubleshooting issues in production
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Asynchronous Messaging (RabbitMQ or JMS)
- Experience developing back office trading tools using GWT/Vaadin, SWT, Swing or JavaFX
If you are interested, please submit your updated CV in English.