Our Client, an insurance organization seeks to recruit a Senior Accountant, who will lead the Finance Staff towards effective and timely achievement of the departmental objectives; provide management with timely information for decision making; and enforcing financial controls for efficient and optimal management of company resources.
Reports to: Finance Manager
Job Location: Nairobi
- Coordinating the formulation of annual budgets, periodic monitoring of performance against budgets and recommending corrective action.
- Supervision of the day to day operations of the accounting, reporting and cash management functions.
- Management of cash flows to ensure timely payment of claims and suppliers; and timely investment of surpluses for investment.
- Overseeing preparation of monthly management accounts, quarterly and annual statutory financial statements and returns.
- Preparation of annual financial statements of the company and coordinating the annual audit process.
- Managing all aspects of financial compliance including planning and ensuring required level of compliance is maintained at all times.
- Ensuring timely filing of the monthly, quarterly and annual IRA returns.
- Assisting in designing, implementing and periodic review of financial and internal control systems, policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that finance staff have clear performance targets, have appropriate skills, reviewing performance and ensuring achievement of performance targets.
- Managing relationships with, regulators, bankers, auditors, actuaries and other financial services providers.
- Ensuring efficient tax planning, timely submission of returns and timely payment of all applicable taxes.
- Ensuring timely processing of commissions, and timely remittance of statutory deductions and preparation of related returns.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Economics
- Professional accounting qualification in CPA
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
More Details on Experience
- 6 years accounting experience preferably in the insurance industry, 2 of which must be at management position.
More Details on Skills
- Analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Communication and Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Highly numerical
Terms And Conditions
Applications to be submitted on or before March 27th 2023.