To build excellent long-term client relationships; demonstrate in-depth understanding of the client’s business, business cycle, brand and consumers; to provide excellent service and deliver outstanding creative and strategic product that exceed the client’s expectations.
Responsible for deadlines, budgets, client relationship and effective work as well as ensuring account profitability and agency reputation; for getting and selling great work; and for constantly adding value to the client’s brand and business. Be alert to account growth and new business opportunities.
Works closely with internal teams across creative, digital and media and drive integration between the disciplines on every brief.
- Clear understanding of client contract / retainer / in-scope / out-of-scope.
- Manage scope of work (SOW) and work in progress (WIP)
- Manage profitability of time and hard costs of each job.
- Timeous and accurate billing processes, preparation and presentation of accounts and that invoices are checked against quotes and budgets.
- Embrace the ethos of cost control and income growth.
- Display pro-activeness and passion by researching the challenges clients face and disseminating interesting pieces relevant to client / creative / strategy / digital / media.
- Build strong client- and partner agency relationships across the region on both HQ and local OpCo levels.
- Ensure that all deadlines are met without exception.
- Display keen interest in conceptual work and the development of campaigns.
- Writing of inspiring and accurate briefs; assess and ensure that the work meets or exceeds the brief.
- Stay in full control of all steps of the job path.
- Take ownership of integrated agency output across all disciplines.
- Check all elements and action any revisions required prior to presentation to client.
- Present a united stance on agency recommendations (i.e. support and endorse agency output).
- Ensure that contact reports, status, minutes, marketing communication, work in progress and competitive summary reports are compiled and distributed timeously.
- Gains respect from the client and develops a valuable relationship with internal teams.
- Create integrated solutions.
- Clarify the exact purpose/deliverables of a brief before starting the job.
- Complete work within client deadlines and budgets.
- Create a culture of ‘solutions not problems’ within the team.
- Adhere to agency and HR Policies & Procedures at all times.
- Become totally immersed in understanding the client marketplace – support on development of competitor reviews.
- Work closely with Planning and Data Planning to understand market and segmentation as appropriate.
- Help develop strategic recommendations at the planning stage with assistance from AD/Planning.
- Continually demonstrate an understanding of the client’s brand and business when evaluating and discussing work and strategy.
- Acknowledge all client requests, briefs, etc., as soon as possible after receiving them, clearly explaining when and what next steps will be [within 24 hours].
- Demonstrate a superb level of attention to detail in all written work.
- Manage Strategic jobs to satisfaction of client – with support from AE and AD, including:
- Ensuring tasks are completed within allocated timescales.
- Managing expectations [internal, partners, suppliers and Clients] with ongoing updates and explaining any issues in advance.
- Responsible for checking quality of all work before discussing with Account Director.
- No work should ever leave the building in poor quality (eg, typos, inconsistencies, etc)
- Understanding and communicating feedback – clearly highlighting to Client rationales and any creative challenges.
- Issue timing plans (and update as necessary) in order to deliver client campaigns – knowing where and when to negotiate on delivery [24 hours for tactical and small briefs, 48 hours for big regional campaigns]
- Compile mini case study at the end of each campaign
- Be fluent in French and English
- Experience in managing a multi-country account/s.
- Experience in working on a tele communication account.
- Experience in working in/across Africa.
- Build strong internal relationships to be seen as someone people trust and look forward to working with.
- Proactive hand raising for involvement in extracurricular Agency activity (eg, pitch angel awards, new business, Lab Days, etc.)
- Demonstrate that your personal client relationship has led to a recovery of a potentially difficult situation (eg, errors, timings, budgets).
- Have a proactive attitude towards the client business – sharing wider initiatives and ideas over and above the specific agency remit to really get under the skin of the clients.
- Demonstrate “active learning” – keeping up to date with industry developments and attending talks (internal and external) to help build knowledge over and above training courses.
The following represents the behaviours that are at the core of our business and how we want to be. Every employee is expected to bring them to life in their everyday work.
- Courage: Shows bravery in making decisions, and stands by values and
- Idealism: Strives for achievements; dares to raise our sights and blaze new
- Curiosity: Has a desire to know more, and is open to all possibilities.
- Playfulness: Has fun and knows when not to take him or herself too seriously.
- Candour: Encourages openness and honesty with colleagues and with clients.
- Intuition: Trusting and listening to our unconscious or “inner guru”, to find unique solutions.
- Free-spiritedness: Permission to practice magic, encourage and promote
- Persistence: Shows determination to achieve the right results.
All interested applicants submit your applications before 21st September 2020