SHOFCO combats gender inequality and extreme poverty in urban slums by linking tuition-free schools for girls to holistic social services for all. The SHOFCO model elevates girls while connecting community transformation to women's empowerment. Our ecosystem of services enables everyone to reach their full potential. Our holistic services change communities today: we improve health, provide economic opportunity, work to end gender-based violence, and create sanitation systems that offer dignity. Tomorrow, our girls will become next-generation leaders, disrupting the systems that hold poverty in place
- Support the work of teachers in classes and Laboratory sessions and give technical advice and support to teachers and students.
- Prepare equipment and chemicals before lessons to ensure practical lessons run smoothly
- Run trials of experiments before classes and then demonstrate techniques for experiments.
- Set up and dismantle apparatus and equipment for demonstration and practical lessons, as requested and detailed by teaching staff.
- Maintain laboratory inventory and ensure that all the required equipment and chemicals are available for use when required.
- Requisition laboratory consumables to ensure they are replenished in a timely manner to ensure laboratory operations run smoothly.
- Maintain safety storage of laboratory chemicals and equipment to prevent incidences of accidents in the laboratory.
- Prepare a maintenance schedule for all laboratory equipment for approval to ensure that all laboratory equipment is in good working condition.
- Ensure safe disposal of laboratory waste as per the Occupational Safety and Health standard.
- Observe and ensure health and safety procedures are practiced and enforced and all accidents are reported.
- Advise on the budgeting requirement for the laboratory to ensure that all the laboratory requirements are factored in the budget to promote smooth trainings.
- Maintain all requisite records on the use of various laboratory equipment and chemicals for accountability and future reference.
- Segregate non-functional equipment and machine to ensure safety in the laboratory and ensure they are disposed per the safety disposal guideline.
- Report any breakdown of equipment for purposes of decision making on replacements.
- Supervise cleaning of the laboratory and equipment therein to ensure efficient operation of the laboratory.
- Keep up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments that will save on time and improve reliability
- Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
- Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by professional growth activities.
- Participate in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
- Degree or Diploma or Certificate in Science Technology Laboratory in Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized institution.
- 1-3 years’ Experience in a recognized school or equivalent institution
- Excellent Scientific and technical skills.
- Strong practical and organizational skills.
All applications to be submitted before 3rd February 2023.