Title: Sales Executive - Logistics
Direct report: Director Logistics
Job Purpose: Responsible for overseeing the sale of products or services from beginning to end. Shall be the direct point of contact with a customer and in charge of ensuring a customer’s needs and expectations are met.
- Maintaining relationships with existing clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities
- Drive and manage growth of designated sales channel by undertaking a continuous customer relationship management and pitching for new business.
- Follow up on customer payments as per agreed terms and work closely with Finance department to ensure that all customers possess good credit history.
- Present, promote and sell products/services for existing and prospective customers.
- Responding to all requests for quotation and following up on the same to ascertain quote status.
- Continuously engage customers on statement of account status and processing customer orders on time and accurately.
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Continuously undertake aggressive Sales to achieve set and agreed targets.
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, monthly and annual Sales analyses.
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Handle customer queries and serve them till goods are received including after sales services.
- Researching Target market and going for new business opportunities.
- Plan and attend all sales meeting as scheduled with clients and close on such sales that are within jurisdiction.
- Reaching out to existing and old customers to restore company image and bring back lost business.
- Keeping the track on LPO deadlines and coordinating internally to ensure goods are dispatched on or before committed time lines.
- Receives, addresses and escalates where necessary any customer complaints that would arise in a timely manner.
- Tracking client’s dispatch list and keeping a follow up on the deliveries, while continuously keeping customer informed about the same.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Sales and Marketing.
- Customer Service Training will be an added advantage
- Minimum 4 years experience in sales of both FMCG and SMCG.
- Experience selling products to logistic companies.
- Experience in selling industrial racks, and storage solutions.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good negotiation skills
- High Customer Orientation
- Independent, can work with minimum supervision.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to meet specific deadlines.
- Computer Knowledge is a requirement
All applications to be submitted before 30th June 2023.