Our client is a Savings and Credit Co-operative (SACCO) registered with Ministry of Trade and Cooperatives. The SACCO is seeking to recruit competent personnel in the position of a General Manager.
Reporting to the SACCO Board and responsible to manage and oversee the SACCO’s day to day activities and operations
Main duties and responsibilities:
- General Manager to oversee the daily general operations and drive the business development Agenda.
- Design strategy and set goals for a sustainable growth
- Develop and implement ﬁnancial/budgetary system including, budgeting, accounting policies and procedure and control operational expenses
- Prepare monthly management reports – for purpose of performance appraisal.
- Responsible for staff management, recruitment, welfare and motivation.
- Drive membership recruitment for increased saving mobilization and loan portfolio
- Custodian of the business brand & image, marketing and communication policy. Share regular updates with the stakeholders.
- Custodian of the business’ property in terms of negotiating to acquire, sale, rent and lease on behalf of the business.
- Developing and implementing both short long-term strategic plans.
- Oversee quality control throughout the business in order to maximize value, identify new business opportunities, due diligence and risk management
- Develop appropriate investment management strategies that are consistent with the business.
- Develop, supervise, motivate, review and provide leadership to the office team and ensure adherence to the business policies and procedures.
- Any other role as may be determined by the Board.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting /Finance, BBA, BCOM or any relevant course.
- Professional course in accounting is an added advantage
- Proven experience in similar position or similar executive role. (SACCO experience will be an added advantage).
- Has experience in planning and budgeting
- Has knowledge in business processes and functions (finance, HR, operations etc.)
- Age between 30-45 yrs.
- Individual with strong analytical skills and ability
- Excellent communication skills and work productivity
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- The SACCO is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply
- Only those applications that meet minimum qualifications will be considered.
- The Board’s recruitment decision is final