- Announcement Number: Nairobi-2020-33
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Nairobi
- Position Title: Registered Nurse - All Interested Applicants
- Open Period:03/17/2020 - 03/31/2020
- Format MM/DD/YYYY
The incumbent serves as the post’s nurse with responsibilities that include the medical care of Mission employees and eligible family members under Office of Medical Services (MED) approved clinical guidelines, as well as maintenance and inventory of all medical equipment and supplies, implementation of a robust vaccination program, administration of group and individual health education programs, and medical emergency contingency planning for the Mission. The incumbent will work in the Medical Unit under the direct supervision of the Regional Medical Officer (RMO) or Medical Provider (MP).
- Degree (RN Level) in Nursing or Diploma/Certificate equivalent.
- Valid nursing license or a current unrestricted Registered Nursing licence.
A minimum of two (2) years of post-qualification work as a professional nurse is required.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and a client-oriented disposition capable of dealing with complexity interactive challenges in difficult and emotional situations.
- Must have a solid working knowledge of MED’s RN Clinical Practice Guidelines.
- Must be able to perform basic word processing on computer.
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.