Radio Africa Limited is one of Kenya’s leading media houses with both top national and top niche radio stations in Kenya. We are looking for bold, talented eloquent and charismatic Radio Presenters with a track record and seeking to progress a career opportunity in radio.
Reporting to the station’s Programs Controller, the incumbent will be tasked with preparing and executing the assigned radio show based on the theme of the radio station.
- Take charge of and grow digital content creation.
- Prepare for the assigned show in terms of content delivery
- Execute all sales activity in the show as part of the show preparation.
- Ensure all links are strictly followed and executed as per client expectation.
- Make sure that all music/production/music segueing is crafted for maximum entertainment as part of show performance.
- Execute throughout the show a Time/Clock management ensuring that all programmed events are executed at the time logged with minimum variation including News/Traffic.
- Use creative hooking and engage listeners to ensure growth in time spent listening and also grow listenership. This is a key measure in the job holder’s performance so as to ensure that you keep your job and continue to grow.
- Execute the music log and commercial log as scheduled ensuring that the program is as per approvals.
- Uphold the presentation style of the radio station and Radio Africa that projects the programming standards, guidelines and station strategy.
- Maintain relevance to the station’s target audience for all programs and on all platforms.
- Attend all station on-ground events or as required and actively participate in them.
- Attend all station and company meetings and be punctual and attentive.
- Ensure that all content fit within station policies.
- Execute a presentation style that at all times portrays your libel/defamation awareness upholds fair comment and balance.
- Obtain feedback on client campaigns and advertising execution and increase the value given to our client in each subsequent execution of client material.
- Develop content that is unique, relevant and compelling, making sure all links are planned, prepared, edited and collected on the ERP Prep Sheets.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Journalism/literature or related field.
- At least 2 years in a similar position in the media or a related field
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English
- Excellent in story telling
- Creative mind in executing promotions.
- Strong communication skills (oral & written).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A high degree of flexibility with seasoned coordinating skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Ability to multi task with a keen eye for detail
- Impeccable personal integrity
- Great attitude with team spirit
- Seasoned nose for a good story
- High level of discretion and ability to consult whenever in doubt
All applicants who feel that they are well suited for the job are required to attach an audio file that is 90 Seconds long on a topic of your choice. To accompany their application.
Radio Africa Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will offer a competitive package to the successful candidate. If you match the above qualifications and requirements you may apply on the link www.myjobsinkenya.com so as to reach us on or by 29th January 2021. Please include your daytime telephone number and names and contact telephone and email address of 3 professional referees as well as your current and expected gross salary. We regret that in light of anticipated numerous applications, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Radio Africa does not charge a recruitment fee or work with any persons or agencies which charge a recruitment fee.