The role will provide support in the implementation of VSO Kenya‘s inclusive SRHR projects; Volunteering for Development Grant(V4D), Delivering Equitable and Sustainable
Increases in Family Planning (DESIP) and Makeway Intersectionality projects
- Together with the Project Implementation Managers ensure the project goals and milestones are met efficiently and effectively.
- Plan and implement capacity-building initiatives on social inclusion and gender, lobby and advocacy, Intersectionality in SRHR for youth networks, organizations for persons with disabilities, and the health workforce.
- Work with partners, youth networks, civil society organizations, organizations of persons with disabilities, and stakeholders in developing and implementing advocacy and social accountability initiatives.
- Provide technical input to the government and other stakeholders in mainstreaming inclusive strategies in national and county SRHR policies, strategies, and frameworks.
- Contribute to the development and yearly adaptation of the country-specific Theory of Change, work plans, M&E plans, lobby & advocacy plans
- Conduct regular program support and monitoring field visits
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans and budgets, training plans, quarterly and annual reports
- Organize and create platforms for developing and sharing best practices on inclusive SRHR in demand creation and service delivery for youth, women, and persons with disabilities.
- Monitoring progress of partners and stakeholders in applying inclusive strategies in SRHR.
- Convene and lead quarterly project working group meetings with partners
- Participate in country sector-specific forums and county/regional levels as will be appropriate.
- Participate in financial planning and phasing, administer and maintain budget tracking records for the project.
- Degree in Public Health, Nursing, health-related or Social Sciences
- Extensive knowledge on policies and national guidelines on reproductive health
- At least 5 years and in-depth knowledge and experience in Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights specifically for marginalized groups including youth, women, and persons with disabilities.
- Previous experience in advocacy, social behavior change, and social accountability in sexual reproductive health programmes
- Experience in developing and using monitoring and evaluation tools and
- Knowledge and experience on disability-inclusive practices in sexual reproductive health rights programmes and initiatives.
- Strong partnership and stakeholder engagement
- Possession of strong written and communication skills needed for writing reports, publicity materials, and corresponding with a wide range of stakeholders
- Sufficient experience of working with and managing volunteers
- Able to develop clear and realistic plans to deliver agreed objectives within deadlines, involving key individuals in the planning process.
- Experience and skills in managing budgets and undertaking accounting procedures
- Strong IT skills and outstanding experience and knowledge in the use of MS Excel
- Excellent written verbal, communication, report writing, and facilitation skills
- Good organization and planning skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Strong presentation and training facilitation skills
- Conversant with current trends in monitoring, evaluation, and research
- Excellent relationship management skills and experience working with people in a different context
- Evidence of professionalism and high integrity
- Evidence of effective problem solving and organizational skills
- Evidence of openness to learning to improve own performance
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please click on the link to apply before 25th July 2021//bit.ly/projectofficersexualreproductivehealthrights