Job Title: Project Car Driver
Report to: Project Team Leader Administrative Hierarchy: Administrative Officer
Job Duration: 1-year contract, renewable based on performance- Expected start 1st Sept 2021
Project duration: 3 years (From Sept 2020) Project title: SETA
IED (Innovation Energy Development) is a French company with an office based in Kenya to manage Green Energy-related projects. IED Kenya was opened in early 2017.
The project for which the above-mentioned position is required started in Sept 2020 and is now moving on with implementation activities after an initial inception phase. We are looking for an experienced and responsible project driver to take the project team members to different places in Nairobi and upcountry as per the project needs
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provide secure and timely driving services to transport passengers and/or goods/documents.
- Act as a backup for the Administrative assistant, if/when needed
- Update daily and monthly records (maintain logbook)
- Maintain the project vehicle in good condition, organize for car services at mechanics/workshop selected by the office
- Clean the car and/or organize for it to be clean at places selected by the office
- Secondary Education
- Valid driver's license of at least 2 classes
- Certificate in Mechanics is an added advantage
- Experience of driving on off-road/rough terrain
- Focus on respect of traffic rules and safe driving abilities
- 5 years experience minimum in a similar position
- Perfect knowledge of Kenyan road.
- Working knowledge of French is an added advantage