Direct report: Operations Manager
Interface with: All departments
Supervises:Supervisors, Section Heads and Direct production teams
Overall management of Production for designated sections for optimizing efficiency, accurate production planning to continuously achieve production fill rate of 95% and above
- Prepare production plans for all production activities as per customer orders.
- Reviewing status of production plan execution to make any necessary adjustments.
- Coordinating work-in-progress with proper work flow charts on the white boards allocated at different production departments and activities to ensure accurate quantities/qualities are produced.
- Monitoring utilization of raw materials from estimation, requisition, and production ensuring that wastages are minimal if not fully eliminated.
- Properly plan for on time production of standard/customized items such as filing cabinets to ensure minimum stock levels are always maintained and that customers do not suffer any short supplies.
- Actively participating in new product design and development to ensure that customers always have access to ever changing product experience.
- Ensuring the section heads/supervisors have made shift reports, handed over in a proper manner and reviewing department production reports as provided in various records.
- Liaising with stores for status of materials availability and assist in seeing that the reordering level is on time as well as maintaining the purchase requisition process.
- Coordinate all production activities within the department production floor with emphasis on production quantity, efficiency and quality.
- Leading in brainstorming activities and inspiring staff to give innovative ideas with the aim of improving quality, productivity and overall equipment effectiveness (OEE).
- Enforcing company policies and procedures to staff within department while ensuring communication is done effectively to staff on production floor.
- Prepare and share such reports as may be required by management from time to time.
- Any other duties as may be allocated by the management from time to time
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behavior expected of them.
- Ensure the delivery of the People Strategy within area of accountability
- Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels.
- Motivate and coach the team to operational success.
- Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems.
- Review, implement and update company records e.g. training matrices, performance reviews, risk assessments.
- Communicate KPIs from the strategic annual plan so that each employee is aware
- Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures
- Support encourage and develop team and take ownership for team cohesion
- Proactively contribute to creating a good team atmosphere
- Anticipates and overcomes obstacles.
- Makes useful links to arrive at insightful plans and solutions
- Embraces personal challenge.
- Confident, rounded thinking
- Is resilient, optimistic and open to change
- Has an Adult: Adult, collaborative approach to others
- A self-starter, motivated and able to positively motivate others
- Focused and target driven with a positive, can-do attitude
Records to Maintain
- Daily Production Report
- Manpower details
- Production Plans
- Any other relevant reports as guided by management from time to time.
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Additional certificate in Welding and Fabrication will be an added advantage.
- Over 6 years of experience in a busy sheet Metal Welding and Fabrication environment.
- Previous work experience in a Similar/ related role.
- Profound and on job understanding of all types of welding.
- Previous work experience with ISO, KAIZEN, Lean and Six Sigma is an added advantage
- Good leadership and man management skills
- Computer Knowledge is a requirement.
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
- Good written, verbal and presentation skills
- Good organizational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
All applications should be submitted by 19th September COB.
Interviews shall be conducted on a roll in basis