Overall management of Production for designated sections for optimizing efficiency, accurate production planning to continuously achieve production fill rate of 95% and above
- Prepare production plans for all production activities as per customer orders.
- Reviewing status of production plan execution to make any necessary adjustments.
- Coordinating work-in-progress with proper work flow charts on the white boards allocated at different production departments and activities to ensure accurate quantities/qualities are produced.
- Monitoring utilization of raw materials from estimation, requisition, and production ensuring that wastages are minimal if not fully eliminated.
- Properly plan for on time production of standard/customized items such as filing cabinets to ensure minimum stock levels are always maintained and that customers do not suffer any short supplies.
- Actively participating in new product design and development to ensure that customers always have access to ever changing product experience.
- Ensuring the section heads/supervisors have made shift reports, handed over in a proper manner and reviewing department production reports as provided in various records.
- Liaising with stores for status of materials availability and assist in seeing that the reordering level is on time as well as maintaining the purchase requisition process.
- Coordinate all production activities within the department production floor with emphasis on production quantity, efficiency and quality.
- Leading in brainstorming activities and inspiring staff to give innovative ideas with the aim of improving quality, productivity and overall equipment effectiveness (OEE).
- Enforcing company policies and procedures to staff within department while ensuring communication is done effectively to staff on production floor.
- Prepare and share such reports as may be required by management from time to time.
- Any other duties as may be allocated by the management from time to time.
- Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensure full preventative maintenance is carried out, plan in missed maintenance activities, and lead the team to deliver effectively.
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behavior expected of them.
- Ensure the delivery of the People Strategy within area of accountability
- Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels.
- Motivate and coach the team to operational success.
- Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems.
- Review, implement and update company records e.g. training matrices, performance reviews, risk assessments.
- Communicate KPIs from the strategic annual plan so that each employee is aware
Financial and Budget Control
- Input and hold responsibility for maintenance budgets
- Prepare the annual Maintenance budget and forecasts and all Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with legal standards. Manage the budget from identification to completion of projects Relationship Management
- Work as part of the Management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the maintenance strategy
- Communicate with stakeholders the impact of market change and potential effects on engineering design and development. Recommend solutions without compromising quality or service while optimizing cost
- Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers and other service providers.
- Ensure an effective interface with other departmental staff is maintained
- Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures
- Support encourage and develop team and take ownership for team cohesion
- Proactively contribute to creating a good team atmosphere
- Anticipates and overcomes obstacles.
- Makes useful links to arrive at insightful plans and solutions
- Embraces personal challenge.
- Confident, rounded thinking
- Is resilient, optimistic and open to change
- Has an Adult: Adult, collaborative approach to others
- A self-starter, motivated and able to positively motivate others
- Focused and target driven with a positive, can-do attitude
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or any other Engineering field.
- Additional certificate in Carpentry and Wood works will be an added advantage
More Details on Experience
- Over 6 years of experience in a busy Carpentry environment.
- Previous work experience in a Similar/ related role.
- Previous work experience with ISO, KAIZEN, Lean and Six Sigma is an added advantage.
More Details on Skills
- Good leadership and man management skills
- Good Drawing and Design skills
- Computer Knowledge is a requirement.
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
- Good written, verbal and presentation skills
- Good organizational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
Terms And Conditions
Interested candidates to submit their applications before 12th June 2023