Our client in the furniture manufacturing industry is looking for a Production Manager- Hardwood & Carpentry.
Overall management of Production for designated sections for optimizing efficiency, accurate production planning to continuously achieve production fill rate of 95% and above.
- Prepare production plans for all production activities as per customer orders.
- Reviewing status of production plan execution to make any necessary adjustments.
- Coordinating work-in-progress with proper work flow charts on the white boards allocated at different production departments and activities to ensure accurate quantities/qualities are produced.
- Monitoring utilization of raw materials from estimation, requisition, and production ensuring that wastages are minimal if not fully eliminated.
- Properly plan for on time production of standard/customized items such as filing cabinets to ensure minimum stock levels are always maintained and that customers do not suffer any short supplies.
- Actively participating in new product design and development to ensure that customers always have access to ever changing product experience.
- Ensuring the section heads/supervisors have made shift reports, handed over in a proper manner and reviewing department production reports as provided in various records.
- Liaising with stores for status of materials availability and assist in seeing that the reordering level is on time as well as maintaining the purchase requisition process.
- Coordinate all production activities within the department production floor with emphasis on production quantity, efficiency and quality.
- Leading in brainstorming activities and inspiring staff to give innovative ideas with the aim of improving quality, productivity and overall equipment effectiveness (OEE).
- Enforcing company policies and procedures to staff within department while ensuring communication is done effectively to staff on production floor.
- Prepare and share such reports as may be required by management from time to time.
- Any other duties as may be allocated by the management from time to time.
- Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensure full preventative maintenance is carried out, plan in missed maintenance activities, and lead the team to deliver effectively.
Financial and Budget Control
- Input and hold responsibility for maintenance budgets
- Prepare the annual Maintenance budget and forecasts and all Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with legal standards. Manage the budget from identification to completion of projects Relationship Management
- Work as part of the Management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the maintenance strategy
- Communicate with stakeholders the impact of market change and potential effects on engineering design and development. Recommend solutions without compromising quality or service while optimizing cost
- Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers and other service providers.
- Ensure an effective interface with other departmental staff is maintained
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or any other Engineering field.
- Additional certification in Carpentry and Woodworks will be an added advantage.
- Over 5 years of experience in a busy Carpentry environment.
- Previous work experience in a Similar/ related role.
- Previous work experience with ISO, KAIZEN, Lean and Six Sigma is an added advantage.
- Good leadership and man management skills
- Good Drawing and Design skills
- Computer Knowledge is a requirement.
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
- Good written, verbal and presentation skills
- Good organizational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
Applications should be submitted by 4th December 2022
NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS
Please be truthful when answering the questionnaire and provide working contacts. All Applicants must provide at least three professional references, who are not family members or relatives, with working telephone and e-mail contacts. The references must be able to provide substantive information about your past performance and abilities. My Jobs in Kenya reserves the right to contact your previous employers for relevant information concerning your performance and may consider such information in its evaluation of the application.