Job Purpose: Pharmacy technologist stores, preserve, compound, and dispense medicinal products and counsel on the proper use and adverse effects of drugs and medicines following prescriptions issued by medical doctors and other health professionals. They contribute to researching, testing, preparing, prescribing, and monitoring medicinal therapies for optimizing human health.
- Ensuring the system is updated at all times: the physical drugs should be what is in the system.
- Receiving prescriptions for medicinal products from medical doctors and other health professionals, checking patients’ medical histories, and ensuring proper dosage and methods of administration and drug compatibility before dispensing.
- Preparing or supervising the preparation and labeling of liquid medicines, ointments, powders, tablets, and other medications to fill prescriptions.
- Providing information and advice to prescribers and clients regarding drug interactions, incompatibility and contraindications, side effects, dosage, and proper medication storage.
- Collaborating with other health care professionals to plan, monitor, review, and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of the medicine therapy of individual patients and the effectiveness of particular drugs or therapies.
- Storing and preserving serums, insulin, and other controlled drugs subject to deterioration.
- Supervising and coordinating the work of pharmacy interns and pharmacy sales assistants.
- Conferring with the doctor or his assistance regarding the ordering, stocking, and pricing of the drugs.
- Keeping a clear account of drugs bought and drugs sold in the prescribed register.
- Ensure drugs prescribed from the hospital and from other hospitals are dispensed at the pharmacy.
- Ensure order and cleanliness at the pharmacy.
- Evaluate labels, packaging, and advertising of drug products.
- Developing information and risks of particular drugs and keeping updated hospital drug formulae.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the management
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from a reputable institution.
- Pharmacy & Poisons Board certification with a license available for use is highly desirable
- At least two years of experience post internship in a busy hospital or pharmacy
- Competency in using Pharmacy Computer systems.
If you meet the above requirement, kindly send your application letter and C.V to [email protected] on or before 8th July 2022.