SHOFCO combats gender inequality and extreme poverty in urban slums by linking tuition free schools for girls to holistic social services for all. The SHOFCO model elevates girls while connecting community transformation to women's empowerment. Our ecosystem of services enables everyone to reach their full potential. Our holistic services change communities today: we improve health, provide economic opportunity, work to end gender-based violence and create sanitation systems that offer dignity. Tomorrow, our girls will become next-generation leaders, disrupting the systems that hold poverty in place.
The job holder will be responsible for building partners and staff competencies in the management of partnerships; and ensuring risks in, and partnership relationships are reduced to the barest minimum. This may include partnerships with different governments including county and national governments, private sector, INGOS, LNGOs, and Individuals, etc.
The post holder will contribute to managing and nurturing relationships supporting project/program’s initiatives, and supporting resource utilization. This role requires creativity while remaining realistic and practical.
Reports to-Project Director
Monday – Friday | 8.00 AM – 5.00 PM
Relationship Development and Quality Management
- Develop and implement a partnership strategy/framework and annual plan that contributes to the attainment of SHOFCO’s vision and mission.
- Organize and manage events for local partners for dialogue and learning exchanges
- Coordinates the management of ongoing relationships with existing partners and where relevant, leverage those relationships to greater collective impact.
- Participates as an active member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) that oversees the general management of the project/Program.
- Regularly communicates to the SHOFCO leadership on organizational priorities and key decisions as a member of SMT.
- Represents SHOFCO with external stakeholders, by attending meetings, making presentations, and providing advice where necessary.
- Coordinates with all other programs as may be required for the support necessary to advance the work for partnership development with relevant stakeholders
- Identify best practices and incorporates new ideas for partnership building.
- Ensures proper stewardship of SHOFCO’s resources, and adherence to government and donor policies and regulations.
- Ensures the integration of young people’s and partners’ voice into program planning and the development of innovative projects by governments and other key partners.
- Responsible for the overall management of relationships with Development Partners including planning and reporting.
- Continually carries out partner mapping and facilitates the identification of full range of potential partners, and conducts mutual appraisal and risk assignment with them.
- Facilitates effective negotiation, development, appropriate management of partnership agreements for partners and SHOFCO
- In collaboration with the SHOFCO Leadership, support and carry out annual partnership reviews for improved relationship and effective attainment of the partnership objectives.
- In liaison with Project Director, ensure that the partners receive adequate support on various areas such as finance, logistics, HR, reporting and other organizational requirements.
- Build a two way working relationship where partners are respected, listened to and supported and creates an open channel to discuss challenges and constraints as they arise.
- Support program teams to identify appropriate and realistic entry points for work with partners on the ground, and ensure that the teams have the support to carry this out effectively and sensitively.
- Support in the mobilization of partners (especially young people) towards a greater voice on issues affecting their rights particularly the gender equality.
- Ensure learning from partners is fed into SHOFCO program planning.
- Build and Manage legal aspects of partnerships by drafting contracts, negotiating terms, and managing disputes
- A degree in law, the social sciences or any other relevant field
- Have at least 5 years’ experience working in the sector, including field and management experience.
- Advanced experience in partnership development and management
- Strong knowledge of safeguarding issues and justice.
- Strong evidence of influencing decision and policy makers, and brokering cross-disciplinary collaboration.
- Proven record of accomplishment of leadership within a development organization
- Compelling influencer and communicator – able to inspire, build consensus and bring people together around a common agenda.
- Experience with a diverse set of stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, collaboration experience, creativity and willingness to innovate.
- Experience of managing budgets and planning and reporting protocol.
- Strives for quality in all they do, respecting deadlines, working continuously to improve performance.
- Takes responsibility for own actions, and learns from success and failures.
- Uses resources for purposes as intended
- Encourages young people, partners and colleagues to be meaningfully involved in decisions that affect them.
- Listens to and understands views of colleagues and partners.
- Team-orientated, versatile, personable and flexible.
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure.
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
All applications to be sumitted before 11th December 2022.
NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS
Please be truthful when answering the questionnaire and provide working contacts. All Applicants must provide at least three professional references.SHOFCO is an equal opportunity employer and does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process. We, therefore, advise the general public to exercise due diligence when applying for employment.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.