FCM Travel Solutions – Kenya (trading as Charleston Travel Ltd) is seeking an Operations – Team Leader to manage the day to day operations within the operations department. They will ensure that there is compliance with company policies, state guidelines, corporate SLAs and effective staff management. This person will also be work towards the maximum utilization of deals with our various partners as they maximize on revenue generation
- Set and achieve the various targets within the operations department line with the company strategy
- Be responsible to supervise and support the team leaders for both Travel and Tours in their daily activities
- Regularly enhance / improve existing quality checks-system to ensure timely responses, efficiency and sufficient quotations based on deals and minimize errors
- Responsible for all travel-related requirements, which are to be carried out in a proficient manner and in accordance with company procedures, standards and client specific service level agreement (SLA), key performance indicators (KPI) and travel policy
- Liaise with the Sales and Marketing Department ( KAM) to ensure 95% of client retention.
- Lead and develop teams in delivering and achieving the SLAs defined for the operations team, in accordance with company standards while optimizing performance.
- Keep abreast Industry development / market intelligence
- Organize and facilitate training sessions for both new knowledge and fill in gaps identifies in service delivery
- Hold regular departmental review meetings to ensure a good working environment within the operations department
- Liaise with the HR department to ensure all staff within the department are competent and highly skilled for effective service delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in travel and tourism / Administration or related field.
- Expertise with the Galileo/Amadeus GDS platform and web fares.
- Knowledge of Amadeus/Galileo Scriptwriting, TRAMS Interface experience, Client Base Plus development, integration and deployment for leisure or corporate travel, automated ticket-based ticketing, and tracking system – will be ab advantage.
- Certification in IATA or GDS training – will be an advantage
At least seven ( 7 ) years of direct supervision of front-line travel.
- Good financial understanding of budget and reports within a department
- Good leadership skills and knowledge in people management
- Quick thinker in decision-making skills and conflict management
- Good understanding of customer service skills
- General understanding of KPI used in the travel industry
If your background, experience and competencies match the above specifications please send a cover letter, your updated and detailed CV ONLY to [email protected] to reach us not later than Friday, 14th January 2022