Overall management of Operations for designated departments for optimizing efficiency, accurate production planning, supply chain management to achieve an OTIF of 95%+ with Employee NPS of 50 and above
- Overall Management of all the departments as assigned
- Ensure the fill rate of 95% is achieved on continuous basis
- Plan production for all units under your supervision
- Continuous improvement in plants efficiency
- Management of plants maintenance
- Taking lead in New Product Development
- Work in collaboration with the HR Manager and Department/Section Heads to enhance employee engagement and work towards continuously improving Net Promoter Score
- Establish systems to collect metrics, analyse productivity and set performance targets that will meet revenue and cost goals
- Set policies and make decisions guiding productivity, quality, and cost efficiency of plant operations.
- Ensures robust plant safety and security procedures and training are in place and that operations are in compliance with all required regulations.
- Work closely with plant managers/supervisors and quality assurance personnel to review product quality consistency while monitoring yield rates and wastage to determine trends and areas of improvement
- Review established production schedules for all manufacturing departments to ensure established inventory levels are met while operating at the highest efficiency possible
- Overall responsibility for ensuring that staffing and competency levels are achieved/exceeded in all aspects of the manufacturing process
- Monitor operation expenses and research ways to reduce costs while maintaining product quality
- Develop and execute the plant manufacturing budgets, including relevant departments accountable to the achievement of budgets
- Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and guidance to all Reportees and their respective teams.
- Encourage and promote operations in a continuous improvement environment
- Remove production constraints; allocate human and equipment resources and direct production employees to attain all established goals
- Remove waste and constraints from the production process to improve efficiencies and enhance productivity
- Leads the development and deployment of manufacturing practices focused on quality and continuous improvement.
- Overseeing inventory, distribution of goods and facility layout.
- Work with the Purchasing Manager to develop and improve supplier relationships for all Plant inputs
OH & S / Quality Systems
- Work closely with the HR Manager/Occupational Health and Safety Manager to ensure all members of responsibility of this role are aware of safety requirements, both legislative and Ashut’s policies/procedures, to provide a safe workplace.
- Maintain and support a superior safety and housekeeping program,
- Promote the proactive reporting of workplace hazards identified during the course of work to the appropriate person, following standard operating procedures
- Ensure adherence to the relevant quality standards, confer with the appropriate Ashut’s personnel on application of methods and production standards
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing Maintenance team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behavior expected of them.
- Ensure the delivery of the People Strategy within area of accountability Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels.
- Motivate and coach the team to operational success.
- Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems.
- Review, implement and update company records e.g. training matrices, performance reviews, risk assessments.
- Communicate KPIs from the strategic annual plan so that each employee is aware
- Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures
- Support encourage and develop team and take ownership for team cohesion
- Proactively contribute to creating a good team atmosphere
- Anticipates and overcomes obstacles.
- Makes useful links to arrive at insightful plans and solutions
- Embraces personal challenge.
- Confident, rounded thinking
- Is resilient, optimistic and open to change
- Has an Adult: Adult, collaborative approach to others
- A self-starter, motivated and able to positively motivate others
- Focused and target driven with a positive, can-do attitude
- A Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
More Details on Experience
- More than 10 years experience in the steel industry
Terms And Conditions
Interested candidates to apply before 9th June 2023