SHOFCO is a grassroots organization that unlocks the potential of urban slum dwellers to lead hopeful and fulfilling lives. SHOFCO disrupts survival mode by providing critical services including health care, clean water, education, and economic empowerment; and links these efforts to a community-led advocacy platform. Over the next 5-10 years, SHOFCO aims to become a national platform for urban slum transformation across Kenya, demonstrating a scalable and replicable model that can be used around the world.
Responsible for operational and administrative management of our projects by making sure that all KPIs are being met and working with supporting departments.
Reports to- Project Director
Monday – Friday | 8.00 AM – 5.00 PM
- Develop strategies and plans to increase efficiency and effectiveness within the project.
- Assist the Project Director in formulating the projects strategic direction and supporting tactical issues.
- Produce and manage performance and service delivery improvement plans and deliver these to support the project.
- Oversee the finance, IT, human resource, procurement and inventory functions of the project.
- Oversee the acquisition and maintenance of project equipment, furniture and fixtures.
- Oversee the acquisition of project office space, facilities and safeguarding the same.
- Develop and implement an inventory management system to track all project supplies and capex.
- Lead the process of implementing effective internal controls around inventory, procurement, IT, finance, including periodic stock-counts and reconciliation.
- Prepare project budgets and reports as required by the donor.
- Lead efforts to identify areas of improvement, ensure project plans are adhered to and implement a system to monitor and direct the implementation of the same for efficiency and effectiveness of the project.
- Evaluate project performance and give recommendations on the same.
- Develop performance initiatives and measures that support the strategic direction of the project.
- Oversee the maintenance of all project records
- Be accountable for the effectiveness of the operations and support teams.
- Working with the project team and Project Director to create and achieve impactful KPIs.
- Work closely with Project Manager ERP and IT teams to implement a functional automated ERP system.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business-related field/ Information Technology, or a similar field
- Masters degree in Management or other business-related field is desirable
- 5 years’ experience working in the development and humanitarian sector
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- High sense of responsibility, preciseness, ability to plan and set priorities
- Planning and organizing
- Strong writing and reporting skills
- Performance monitoring and People management
- Hands-on approach and "getting things done" mindset
- Performance-oriented & analytical mindset
All applications to be submitted before 11th December 2022.
NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS
Please be truthful when answering the questionnaire and provide working contacts. All Applicants must provide at least three professional references.SHOFCO is an equal opportunity employer and does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process. We, therefore, advise the general public to exercise due diligence when applying for employment.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.