Job Title: Music Teacher
Department: Girls Leadership & Education
Location / Work station: Kibera
Working Hours: Monday – Friday | 7.30 AM – 4.30 PM
Reports to: Head Teacher
To be responsible for creating a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; this is aimed at ultimately developing a generation of strong, ethical, community-centered female leaders of tomorrow.
Key Responsibilities and Job Dimensions
- Teach both theory and practical music to students.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials.
- Provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Create and use variety of instruction strategies,
- Translate lesson plans into learning experiences.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluate students’ academic and social growth.
- Prepare progress reports and keep records.
- Communicate with parents on students’ progress.
- Interpret the school program.
- Coordinate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Create an effective environment for learning.
- Select and requisition books and instructional aids.
- Maintain required inventory records.
- Supervise students in and out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- Administer group standardized tests in accordance with school and national testing program.
- Participate in curriculum development programs as required.
- Participate in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Education with music Major or P1 with strong music teaching experience
- Any music professional experience e.g ABRSM
- At least three years of music teaching experience
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with a diverse team of teachers
- Should have composed and presented music items up to National level
- Articulating information
- Adopting practical approaches
- Providing insights
- Taking action
- Establishing rapport
- Valuing individuals
- Inviting feedback
- Understanding people
All applications to be submitted before 21st June 2021