The role holder is responsible for driving marketing activities on diverse platforms in accordance with the department’s designed strategy to achieve leads and competitive brand awareness. Working closely with the management leadership, the Marketing & Resource Mobilization Manager will play a significant role towards improvement of financial sustainability of the organization by designing and writing grant proposals to potential partners (government, private sector; development partners among others); identifying and seizing fundraising opportunities; diversification of funding streams for the organization and establishing value-adding contacts and relationships for the benefit of the Institute.
Roles and Responsibilities
Work requirements and tasks will be guided by the laid down policies and procedures which is reviewed periodically but will fall broadly in the following Key Responsibility Areas (KRAs):
- Approach and raise funds from the private sector, development partners/donors, institution membership among others.
- Ensure all partners receive appropriate and timely reports and updates.
- Being current and up to date with available fundraising initiatives and legal issues affecting corporate fundraising.
- Develop, manage and update corporate contacts and maximizing the relationships for the benefit of INSTITUTION.
- Conduct research on potential donors/partners such as trusts, foundations, companies and find a match with partners whose funding criteria match the organization’s vision and activities.
- Develop annual work plans based on the approved strategy together with revenue and expenditure budgets for each fundraising initiative.
- Sensitize and train other staff members on fundraising skills and strategy in order to build an effective fundraising team.
Brand Position & Market Penetration
- Custom End to End execution of marketing projects and campaigns, including ideation, creation of collaterals, distribution of collaterals in various media, and measurement and analysis of impact.
- Execution of Search Engine Optimization on a continuous basis.
- Creation and execution of SMS and Email based marketing campaigns.
- Continuous review and active management of the website and other online assets Conferences etc.
- Public Relations
Marketing initiatives and opportunities
- Liaison with Executive Officer to identify and develop marketing opportunities.
- Liaises with Executive Officer to identify the potential for expanding products and services e.g., incentives, special offers.
- Seeks customer feedback to identify marketing opportunities.
Provides marketing advice and assistance.
- Provides marketing advice and assistance to the Institution team.
- Undertakes marketing duties as directed by Executive Officer e.g., create and place advertisements, amend marketing materials.
- Provide assistance in regard to proposals and office-based activities from time to time e.g., CSR
Designs coordinate and produce marketing material
- Production and distribution of material e.g., newsletter, adverts, fax outs, information packs.
- Maintains and updates branding and badging of images both internal and external.
- Manages stock control of marketing materials.
- Templates reviewed and updated.
Key Performance Indicators
- % of funds raised
- % Increase in the client database
- % client attendance and success of marketing events
- % Increase in brand awareness
Diploma in Business Management or a related field
Degree in marketing or a related field
- At least 3 years, experience in Marketing and Resource Mobilization. Experience in fundraising for a membership organization will be an added advantage.
- Proven marketing experience, together with a good record of achieving targets. Exposure to digital and direct response marketing.
- Hands-on experience in managing multiple customers across geographies
- Proven proposal writing skills and evidence of successful resource mobilization initiatives undertaken
- Demonstrable ability to develop relationships and networks that are of value to organize fundraising initiatives
- Demonstrable coordination skills and understanding of non-governmental project management cycle
- Proven ability to work and deliver within strict deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
- Proven self-drive and ability to play a leadership role within an organization
- Good Networking across the Industry
- Team Player
- Tactful and diplomatic
- Negotiation Skills
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written, and both technical and non- technical
- Possess ability to work with a diverse group of individuals in a professional and service-oriented manner
Possible Career Steps from this role to be taken after 3 years in this role:
Can take promotional steps into the following roles... Executive Officer if the following skills and experience are demonstrated in the current role:
- Excellent Management Skills
- High level of communication
- SEO Knowledge
- Leadership Skills
If you qualify for the above position send your CV containing the job salary expectations to[email protected] before 28th February 2021