Our client, Kenya Ports Authority Pension Scheme (KPAPS) is a DC/DB Pension Scheme that provides retirement benefits to employees of the Kenya Ports Authority. The Scheme wishes to recruit a transformational individual to occupy the position of Manager, ICT and Records.
The position is mandated to facilitate an effective information flow that ensures the ICT needs of KPAPS are met and coordinate the Scheme records management programs by ensuring all activities are performed in accordance with the standards and procedures of records management with a view to supporting the attainment of the set performance of the Scheme.
- Oversees all ICT infrastructure and systems including software, hardware, firmware, networks, and the Scheme’s website through the following activities
- Manage and provide oversight for the implementation of an ICT security strategy and disaster recovery plan to minimise the risk of data loss and breach of privacy of the Scheme information;
- Ensure the development, implementation, and maintenance of all policies related to ICT services, including procurement, distribution and asset management;
- Supervise the implementation and maintenance of technology infrastructure in line with the Scheme growth plans, and changing business requirements or technological advancements; and
- Supervise ICT system administration in specials projects, including planning, scheduling, managing and progress reporting for new system implementations.
- Oversee all records management activities by implementing relevant procedures and guidelines and integrating records management into ICT business systems and processes.
- Coordinate implementation of records management policies and procedures in KPAPS to ensure all staff adhere to as set out in the Scheme;
- Develop and Supervise the implementation of retention and disposal schedules to identify the records to be disposed of in order to create space in office and storage equipment for the management of current records;
- Develop a work plan for the Records Management department to ensure staff are at optimum production for efficiency and effectiveness of producing quality work; and
- Approve plans and budgets for projects and make any adjustments needed
- Provide IT related support, by reviewing the Scheme’s needs, in terms of computerization, telecommunication, and other technology;
- Manage the installation of new versions of the systems used and troubleshoot ad-hoc user problems in its functioning;
- Manage the office multi-user computer network, as well as data and telecommunication facilities.
- Plan the acquisition of specific computer software, coordinating its introduction into the office, and managing its maintenance.
- Organize computer training and support for all staff in KPAPS
- Coordinate records management through establishment of a computerized records management system for the office in accordance with Scheme’s guidelines and policies.
- Provide technical guidance and support to regional offices on IT policies, maintenance of network and systems, and coordinate implementation of new system in zonal offices.
- Scout for new technological innovations within KPAPS’ core business areas.
- Conduct training for Records Management staff and sensitizing other staff on good records keeping practices to ensure all documentation of the scheme is safeguarded in a secure way
- Administer records management programmes such as development of appropriate disaster protection and recovery plan for safeguarding of the vital KPAPS records
- Oversee the proper storage and the safety of records in the appropriate storage facilities to prevent unauthorized access of staff and to maintain the confidentiality of information of the Scheme
- Support the design and implementation of IT policies and procedures
Master’s Degree in IT/ Computer Science from a recognized Institution
Bachelor’s degree in IT/ Computer Science from a recognized Institution.
Certification in IT – CISA/CISM, or any other ICT certifications,
Professional membership with the Computer Society of Kenya
The candidate must have a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the IT profession of which three (3) should be in management.
- Should be well knowledgeable of the ICT trends in the market
- Knowledge of relevant legislation e.g. Public Archives and Documentation Service Act Cap. 19 of the Laws of Kenya, Public Procurement and Disposal Act 2014, the Information and Communications (Amendment) Act, 2013 and the Public Finance Management Act, 2012.
- Knowledge of professional standards such as ISO 15489:2001, ISO 9001:2008
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate assigned goals
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines.
- Should have strong analytical and be result oriented
- Must be capable of functioning effectively both as a team player and a team leader
- Must have managerial skills
- Must have ability to accurately plan work assignments, prioritize tasks and deliver deadlines
- Should have problem solving and decision making abilities
- Should be an effective communicator with the ability to handle both internal and external communication
- Should have effective people management and conflict resolution skills
- Must have knowledge in the use of MS office packages
All candidates must ensure that their CVs contain working telephone numbers and email addresses, and a list of at least three (3) referees with their current contacts; and attach certificates proving compliance with Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya.