Our client , a leading internet service provider in South Sudan is looking for a Level 3 Network Technician to be part of the South Sudan Technical Team.
- Wired (copper + fibre) and Wireless LAN design, implementation, repair and support at client sites.
- Documentation on new/existing installations.
- Troubleshooting (basic and advanced), including client interaction
- Internal upskilling / development of junior technical staff
- Degree in computing/ Information Technology (Networking)
- Solid understanding of the OSI and TCP/IP models.
- Hands on experience in structured cabling (copper + fibre)
- Good understanding of networking protocols (802.3 & 802.11)
- Fundamentals of routing and gateway redundancy protocols.
- Fundamentals of Operating systems, Cisco IOS, MikroTik Router OS, UniFi controller.
- Planning, designing, implementing, and testing of wired and wireless networks, including channel separation best practices for WiFi.
- Configuring and installing various network devices and services (e.g., Routers, Switches, Access Point’s, Firewalls, Wireless Controllers, VLAN, VPN, QoS, DHCP, NAT).
- Analyzing the quality of radio frequency (RF) and verifying network performance using industry standard tests.
- Optimizing new and existing wireless networks by using tools to generate heat maps and finetune by adjusting RF settings, band steering and adjusting/changing AP placement to provide optimal wireless solutions to the end user.
- Develop and recommend solutions to enhance local area network system performance and stability
Cross-train other members of the network team and provide documentation so that any member of the group can support and troubleshoot network issues
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams (labelling devices and links accordingly) and documentation of new and existing sites.
- Relevant qualifications and industry certifications would be advantageous
- Interested applicants to send their cvs before 30th August 2022.