Announcement Number: Nairobi-2021-019
Hiring Agency: Embassy Nairobi
Position Title: Information Management Assistant - U.S Citizens Only / All Sources
Open Period: 01/04/2021 - 01/19/2021
The incumbent serves as an Information Management Assistant (IMA) assigned to support the classified or unclassified computer networks and messaging systems as needed. The IMA also assists with telephone and radio management, circuit and network management, diplomatic courier operations, and Diplomatic Post Office (DPO) and unclassified pouch operations as required.The IMA reports to an assigned direct hire Information Systems Officer (ISO)
- Provides Tier I and II support for OpenNet and ClassNet users as assigned. Provides application support including for the State Archiving and Message Retrieval Toolset (SMART). Assists with network operations and management, circuit management and troubleshooting, desktop and peripheral troubleshooting and support, SNAP and C-PKI card management, account management, backup and recovery management, help-desk support, deployment of new computers and peripherals, and all components of IT assurance and security management. The IMA is required to serve on the IRM Duty Roster, meaning that the incumbent will be on-call to provide emergency after hours support and assistance as needed. The IMA will follow the IRM duty SOPs and will come in as needed to troubleshoot critical problems, retrieve high-precedence telegrams, and to provide other assistance as directed. (70% of Time)
- Provides support for mobile computing management and troubleshooting. Assists with managing and maintaining inventory controls as needed. Works with mobile computing team to ensure that devices are updated and capable to meet user needs. (10% of time)
- Provides assistance with managing and maintaining the telephone and radio programs as needed. Ensure that user requests are answered and that services are functioning. Assists with managing and maintaining inventory controls as needed. Escort outside technicians into the demarcation point or telephone frame room as needed. (10% of time)
- Administers and maintains IT inventory and ITCOM inventory. Ensures proper receiving, transferring and disposal procedures are followed. Assists the primary inventory clerk with annual inventory requirements. The IMA must provide all services including DPO operations, unclassified pouch operations and diplomatic courier operations including preparing pouches, receiving pouches and providing courier escort services as needed. (10% of time)
High School diploma is required.
- Two years of office management or technical experience is required.
- Work related experience should demonstrate a high level of organizational skills, ability to adhere to regulations, aptitude for paying attention to detail, and use of IT software and equipment.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of customer service principles and the ability to manage computer systems without long-term assistance.
- Must have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment, responds to requests in a timely fashion, and resourceful in finding solutions to problems.
- Must be able to work effectively in the IT environment, maintain constructive communication when addressing customer requests, and closing out tasks.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation
Interested applicants submit your applications through the link before 19th December 2021 //erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/vacancy/viewVacancyDetail.hms?_ref=slfsrw5npt0&returnToSearch=true&jnum=20360&orgId=25
Please note that this role is for U.S Citizens only