Announcement Number: Nairobi-2021-020
Hiring Agency: Embassy Nairobi
Position Title: Immigration Assistant - All interested Applicants
Open Period: 01/04/2021 - 01/19/2021
- Processes immigration petitions and applications, including giving recommendations on the proper disposition of requests for immigration benefits.
- Liaises with the public, U.S. and international government agencies, international and non-governmental organizations on a wide range of immigration matters within the jurisdiction of the U.S citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS) Nairobi Field Office.
- Facilitates the operations of USCIS Nairobi through reporting, identity verification, fraud detection, and other support activities.
Bachelor’s Degree in law, international relations, or political science or business relations is required.
Minimum of five years of experience reviewing, researching, and analyzing petitions and applications for immigration benefits involving complex regulatory framework; and extensive customer service experience is required.
LANGUAGE: Level IV English (Fluent; reading/speaking/writing) and Level III Kiswahili (Good working knowledge; speaking/reading/writing) is required (This may be tested).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with a broad range of individuals, government entities, and organizations.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently in an efficient and timely manner.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a cooperative, team oriented manner.
- Ability to monitor and analyze projects in various stages of design and implementation, including developing spreadsheets and reports, to ensure timely achievement of deliverables.
- Ability to analyze the most complex and/or sensitive applications and petitions and to apply a complex body of law to make authoritative recommendations.
- Ability to independently organize and execute work, including numerous conflicting demands.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure to independently organize and execute work effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to use many and varied sources to research applications and petitions.
- Ability to deal directly with the public effectively and courteously.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and have an excellent ability to calculate, review, and assemble numerical data.
- Must exercise tact and good judgement in dealing with the public and government officials and remain objective in emotional and tense situations while effectively explaining the law, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to draft difficult and sensitive correspondence and reports in clear, precise, and correct English.
- Must be able to comprehend, interpret, and analyze complex legislative changes in U.S. immigration law to provide clear, concise, and authoritative guidance to others, including Department of State employees.
- Ability to exercise a high-level of discretion with respect to confidential or sensitive information.
- Must be proficient in utilizing broad knowledge of computer applications and systems
Interested applicants submit your applications through the link before 19th January 2021 //erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/vacancy/viewVacancyDetail.hms?_ref=slfsrw5npt0&returnToSearch=true&jnum=14945&orgId=25