Our client, a leading one stop service provider offering complete petrol station forecourt solutions, servicing major oil companies in East Africa and dealing in renewable energy is recruiting a Human Resources Manager
Our client is a fast growing Organisation operating in East Africa as both a commercial and engineering organization and as a distributor responsible for sales and marketing of automating petrol stations, dispensing pumps of world-leading brands. To promote the Energy transition they are marketing renewable and energy-efficient equipment delivering a sustainable energy transition. Its Engineering department provides maintenance and installation services of the Equipment sold
Against this background the Candidate is expected to offer leadership support to the CEO and Managing Director’s to promote a high performing culture in the Organisation. The HR & Admin Manager will be responsible for coaching the senior manager to be effective leaders of their teams and the day to day running of Human resource and admin functions of the company.
The prospective candidate will be strategic leader who will drive strategy and operational initiatives, support business growth and people operations, and foster positive employee relations, culture and experience.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE; Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania
- Coach the CEO,country MD’s and Departmental Heads in establishing a high performing culture and in doing so transition the company into a high performing organization with focus on delivering results and 100% customer satisfaction with a continuous focus on delivering value at the lowest cost
- Coach the senior managers to act as “ Leaders” to optimize the interest of the company and promote team working so that the Leaders achieve the best results with their teams.
- Discipline management to ensure fully compliance of staff with corporate and in particular HSSE policies and administration for each country.
- Gain confidence of the CEO and MD’s in the countries to become their trusted advisor
- Review and adapt the HR policies with a view to ensuring they promote a high performance culture and work attitude amongst all employees and service providers in all functions of the Organisation.
- Advising the Managing Director on all aspects of the Labor Act ensuring that the company adheres and complies to the correct legal context, local practice and ensuring the HR policies and procedures are observed on all employment related matters.
- Advise the Managing Director & line managers on staffing and succession plans in accordance with the country office strategy.
- Manage and coordinate the recruitment and onboarding of all country office staff in consultation with line management.
- The HRM prepares and manages the annual HR & Administration budget as well as participating in the overall country office budgeting process as per the strategic plans.
- Manage all aspects of compensation and benefits e.g payroll & benefits administration and ensuring compliance with all statutory remittances.
- Promote staff growth and development by overseeing the performance management process and capacity building initiatives.
- Oversee, develop, and implement employee training programs in coordination with all departmental heads to improve individual and organizational effectiveness.
- Oversee the HR Information system (HRIS) and ensure it is used properly and provide accurate and timely information from the system.
- Handle grievances from staff in close collaboration with the line managers and the Country Director.
- As a member of the leadership team, actively participate in leadership team meetings and represent/champion all HR related issues.
- Oversee the procurement & administration function of the company, in addition to supervising the procurement and administration staff.
- Liaison with various service providers on staff related benefits e.g Medical insurance, WIBA / GPA / GL etc
- Oversee the staff welfare and wellness initiatives as per the wellness framework of the organization.
- Execute other tasks as required for the successful implementation of the country program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Statistics, Engineering and/or Science field is required.
- Human Resource Management studies with Certification in HRM
- Active membership with IHRM.
- Practical experience in a sales position for 1 to 2 years
- At least 5 years’ proven experience working as a HR Manager or Senior HR Business Partner
- Technologically savvy with experience on HRIS systems.
- Qualitative skills is a must
- Must understand numbers and be comfortable working with Excel
- Experience in change management is required
- Capacity and experience in establishing a high performing culture in Organisation.
- Must be an emotionally intelligent and engaging person with good empathy who can cope with pressure and interact effectively on sensitive situations.
- Creative and results-oriented; able to work with minimum supervision
- Experience in Job evaluation and performance management
- Is up to date on the best practices in the HR sector
- Has excellent inter-personal, facilitation, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective relationships.
- Excellent attention to detail.
All applications are to be submitted by 16th February 2024.
Female applicants are encouraged to apply