Our client is a leading Hotel based in Muranga and Embu County. They seek to hire an organized and result-oriented General Manager who will be tasked with ensuring operational standards are put in place and adhered to leading to the hotel’s profitability.
- Develop and implement the hotel’s business plan.
- Ensure the hotel’s financial objectives by preparing strategic and annual forecasts and budgets.
- Develop and implement marketing plans and community relations programs to attract customers.
- Inventory control and management
- Maintain operations by developing and implementing policies and standard operating procedures
- Maintain patron satisfaction by monitoring food, beverage, and service offerings, initiating improvements and building relationships with preferred patrons.
- Accomplish the hotel’s human resource objectives by recruiting and reviewing job contributions;
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures.
- Monitor emerging trends in the hotel industry to stay up to date and relevant.
- Set weekly and monthly sales performance and quality targets and ensuring they are achieved.
- Prepare reports on weekly sales updates, staff performance and marketing activities effectiveness.
- Support the chef and the F&B Controller in menu planning.
- Coordinate the entire operation of the hotel during scheduled shifts
- Respond to customer complaints in a professional and courteous manner.
- Support the HR team to organize and supervise staff shifts.
- Continuous assessment training to ensure staff operate and work efficiently to rhospitaeduce the amount of assisted staff e.g. casuals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management or a related field.
- Proficient in Hotel Software.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Must be willing to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays
- Knowledge and experience in financial planning and strategic management.
- Good leadership and motivation skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to [email protected] before 14th February 2021
Kindly indicate the current/last salary and expected salary on your CV.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process