Wazawazi is a direct to consumer and B2B, digital first brand offering distinctive fashion, homes and accessory designs and travel experiences that integrate effortlessly into a modern African lifestyle. Wazawazi’s dedicated team is based in Nairobi, Kenya and all products are manufactured in house or by satellite women or youth owned workshops around in Kenya.
Founded 2012 by Chebet Mutai, Wazawazi is expanding its management by inviting local and international people that share the same vision and motivation to take Wazawazi to an optimal level. Specifically, a self-driven Business Administrator to optimize and streamline operations and business process for increased efficiency, profits and reduced costs.
- Data collection and analysis finance and sale reports, as well as inventory and customer data, for decision making for growth;
- Oversee business finances and manage budget activities; oversee the budget and expenses of each department;
- Detect wastage, improve efficiency as part of expense management;
- Financial modelling to ensure that the goals are met, and to know when/what to adjust before they become an emergency;
- Analysis and reporting of sales forecasts and relevant financials and reporting on product sales;
- Daily, weekly and monthly as well as quarterly and yearly reconciliation and review of financial fundamentals;
- Management of statutory obligations in compliance with legal and company guidelines. You will be responsible of calculating correct PAYE, HHIF and NSSF contributions;
- Develop a viable pipeline of potential funders and partnerships in accordance with program targets and collaborative with the Director, and keep accurate track of reports;
- Support fundraising and grant proposal writing activities
- Support in grant management ensuring timely grant reporting. Maintain a schedule of all grants and reporting requirements.
- Create and maintain a database of stock levels, cost centers and contacts.
- Maintain and update management information system on status of reporting to ensure a single source of truth.
- Harmonize Key Performance Indicators organizational activities; Design and implement a plan of action for each pillar of our business;
- Develop and maintain Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) for all departments;
- Managing and mediating between departments, directors, board and external partners as the main point of liaison;
- Introduce, plan and implement innovative short, mid and long term business objectives for sustained incremental growth;
- Evaluate and enhance employee performance;
- Oversee day-to-day business activities; identify inefficiencies in a department's productivity and performance;
- Conduct a needs analysis and develop technical proposals, concepts and approaches for projects as they come;
- Identify, prepare, coordinate and submit proposals for projects, tenders, funding or partnerships;
- Conduct in-depth research and discuss with various teams on innovative ways topics to improve:
- the business model,
- review products and services performance,
- implement new technologies to increase workplace
- understand current market trends applicable to your market
- competitor and customer insights analysis;
- Brand strategy, the setting of style guides, brand guidelines, brand vision and value proposition for short as well as long term goals.
- Degree in Finance and Accounting, Business Administration or any other related field
- Qualification in Accounting – CPA, ACCA, or similar will be desirable
- 3-4 years’ experience in the finance department
- A working understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Excellent communication skills; writing, spoken and interpersonal communication;
- Great analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities;
- High level of adaptability, flexibility and prioritization of tasks in a highly changing environment;
- Hands on mentality, a startup mentality; ability to motivate, empower;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Swahili (both verbal and written);
- Excellent handling of MS Office, iOS, Google Suite and innovative business tools.
- Highly organized, self-starter and solution oriented work ethos
All applications to be submitted before 27th March 2023