Sawa Energy is a solar energy and energy efficiency company servicing SMEs across East Africa, with current operations in Rwanda and Uganda. They bring together international capital and local solar expertise in order to enable SMEs to get access to solar and energy efficiency solutions with no upfront cost. In doing so, Sawa Energy aims to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for businesses in emerging markets. Sawa Energy’s objective is to deploy a portfolio of 35 MW of solar Commercial & Industry (C&I) projects across East Africa within the next 5 years, and have been actively deploying since February 2021. Their clients include MTN, I&M Bank, and other leading regional businesses.
Learn more at www.sawaenergy.com
The company is recruiting an ambitious and energetic professional to lead the financial and administrative operations. This role is a cross-functional one that reports directly to the CEO, has responsibilities in finance, corporate governance, accounting, and human resources, and in shaping the administrative backbone of our firm. This person will be integral in executing Sawa Energy’s vision to lead the solar revolution for SMEs in East Africa. Given that Sawa Energy is taking solar
Location: Remote (Kenya/Rwanda/Uganda)
Hours: Full time
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Develop and manage the annual budget with other Create financial forecasts and projections to guide strategic decision-making.
- Financial Reporting: Ensure accurate and timely preparation of financial Generate regular financial reports for management, stakeholders, and regulatory authorities.
- Cash Flow Management: Monitor and manage cash flow to ensure liquidity and financial Implement strategies to optimize working capital.
- Tax Planning and Compliance: Oversee tax planning strategies to minimize tax Ensure compliance with all relevant tax laws and regulations.
- Human Resources: Oversee payroll processing and benefits
- Corporate Governance: Develop and oversee the implementation of a robust corporate governance framework, ensuring regulatory compliance, fostering ethical conduct, and facilitating effective board
- University degree
- CPA is preferred
- 5+ years of work experience.
- Experience in accounting is desired
- Enthusiasm for building robust administrative, compliance, HR, and accounting functions in a young and entrepreneurial firm focused on the East African Market
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to assume responsibility for all administrative requirements
- Being a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit is paramount
- Excellent written and spoken English is required
- Systematic and highly organized project manager with budget estimation skills;
- Must take personal accountability for tracking numerous activities across workstreams and driving them all to a successful conclusion
- Must be very comfortable working in the digital realm, using tools such as Google Drive (Docs, Slides, Sheets), Xero, and other remote working tools
- Financial modeling experience in Microsoft Excel
- Solar and engineering experience is not required
- The role may include regional travel from time to time
Accounting, financial modeling, writing, and presentation skills are strongly desired for this role.
We are a team of self-starters, and expect all team members to take initiative, own their projects, and assume leadership within their set of responsibilities.
This role involves communicating both within the team, and with partners. As such, effective written and verbal communication is integral to ensure all stakeholders are aligned.
We are looking for a team member who can manage many projects at once while still meeting deadlines. We seek someone with strong multitasking, decision-making, and organizational abilities to ensure the workload is managed effectively.
Applications will close at 11:59 pm on the 23rd February 2024. Only selected candidates for the interview will be contacted. For questions, reach out to [email protected]