To support VSO’s strategic ambition to influence the volunteering for development agenda across the development sector. Specifically, to support country offices to implement the global volunteering for development standard, to support country teams to position VSO as a leader on volunteering for development at national level, and to capture VSO’s organisational knowledge about volunteering for development
- Support the promotion of VSO’s VfD approach and Global Standards for Volunteering for Development with civil society, government, private sector and academia, with a view to encouraging them to adopt this approach or elements of it.
- Coordinate external relationships in the volunteering for development sector and partnerships with Forum, IAVE, UN Volunteers and others
- Support VfD Technical Leader in working with country offices to implement the Global Standards for Volunteering for Development in their programming.
- Support VfD Technical Leader in working with country teams and global teams to position VSO externally as a leader on volunteering for development at national level.
- Work with the Programme Development and Knowledge for Impact teams to advance and articulate VSO’s organisational understanding of the volunteering for development approach which includes commissioning research and develop knowledge products to further the relational approach to development from evidence generated from VSO programmes.
- Support the KFI team and contribute to the organisational understanding of the VFD approach through documentation of learning on VfD Leadership from the region.
- Knowledge of volunteering in an international development context.
- Knowledge of the socio-political and economic factors influencing development in the regions/countries VSO works in.
- Knowledge management experience in a complex organisation.
- Experience in programme delivery and development.
- Demonstrable experience in policy development that is informed by external trends, as well as internal learning.
- Experience of working with diverse multi-stakeholder coalitions.
- Good communication skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritise own workload.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data.
- Good research skills.
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills and ability to innovate.
Project management skills
Applications to be made through the link //www.vsointernational.org/about/careers/global-volunteering-for-development-officer-a0m3z00000d6nkgaa3?source=myJobsinKenya before 5th April 2020