Announcement Number: Nairobi-2020-059
Position Title: General Maintenance Worker (FM)
Opening Period: 09/15/2020 – 09/29/2020
The U.S. Mission in Nairobi is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of General Maintenance Worker.
Working in the Facility Management section of the Embassy, the General Maintenance Worker carries out scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and minor repair work on the plumbing system and fixtures, general welding and masonry work in all mission buildings and facilities including residential owned and leased properties.
Completion of secondary school is required and/or completion of vocational training from an accredited institution recognized as awarding a Trades Certificate in a general construction field is required.
- Maintenance and repair of standard plumbing methods and techniques including potable water and sewage systems, motor starters, thermostats, humidistats, variable frequency drive (VFD) motors and controllers, gravity dampers, sensors, furnaces, hydronic systems, hot water heaters and heat pumps, evaporators and condensers.
- Minor component replacement of motors, valves, pumps, controls and recording instruments.
- Plumbing system testing procedures in control devices to monitor, diagnose faults, determine current operating capacity to the design requirements, all in accordance with US and host country regulations.
- Maintenance and repair using industry-aligned techniques and procedures for the modification and fabrication of various types of metal and alloy parts and equipment by use of electric and gas welding processes.
- Maintenance and repair using industry aligned techniques and procedures involved in laying a variety of brick, block, stone and concrete in the construction or repair of such items as partitions, walls, walkways and roadways.
- Reading and working from sketches, architectural and engineering drawings, specifications, schematics, one-line diagrams and material lists
A minimum of three (3) years of experience in the repair and maintenance of plumbing and commercial or industrial HVAC/mechanical heating, refrigeration and ventilation systems is required.
- Must be able to identify problems or dangers, report issues and provide solution.
- Must be able to work as part of a team, work under pressure and a tight schedule.
- Must have flexible approach to work shifts and answer emergency calls at all hours.
- Must have a valid driver's license Class B, C, E.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants to submit their applications through the link //erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/vacancy/viewVacancyDetail.hms?_ref=z3powkr3pt0&returnToSearch=true&jnum=18203&orgId=25 before 29th September 2020