The Star Publication Limited is a publisher of the Star Newspaper, a leading daily in Kenya. We are looking for talented, energetic, ambitious and self-motivated candidates keen on taking an exciting career opportunity in the following position:
Freelance Sales Executives – The Star Newspaper
Reporting to the Regional Business Manager, the job holders will be responsible for developing, implementing and executing a sales plan that will ensure that the business achieves its revenue and collection targets for the assigned region.
The Freelancers will be servicing the following regions; Samburu, Baringo, Isiolo, Marsabit, Wajir, Garissa, Mandera, Homabay, Turkana, Kajiado, Narok, Lamu, Nyandarua, Machakos, Makueni, Kakamega, Vihiga, Bungoma, Muranga, Busia, Siaya, Nyeri, Meru, Kiambu, Nyamira and Migori.
- Source & develop new business leads for The Star Publications’ Ltd offset commercial jobs printing.
- Develop strategic and competitive commercial printing sales marketing concepts.
- Visit clients and make sales pitches and ensure swift and efficient closure of the deal.
- Acquire new clientele and update the ERP system promptly.
- Maintain long-term consultative relationship with clients for repeat business.
- Maintain effective customer care through use of the company's ERP.
- Submit weekly forecasts to help determine which clients to critically focus on to maximize sales volume and growth.
- Follow up on sales collections and ensure timely payments by all clients.
- Adhere to the company's credit policy with no debt beyond the credit period.
- Provide excellent account management in line with this cultivate first point contact between the stations and clients and use excellent interpersonal skills to keep the business relationships strong.
- Ensure that your dressing and conduct fully represents a professional company.
- Handle sales administrative issues as necessary.
- Conduct price surveys, customer satisfaction surveys and other market research in liaison with the R& D Department.
- Conduct market intelligence on gaps and business opportunities.
- Prepare weekly reports and any other reports as agreed with the Sector Sales Manager to provide timely guidance on any intervention.
- Reconcile customers' accounts on monthly basis and work with accounts to ensure monthly statements are signed off and dispatched to all clients
- University Degree or Diploma in Marketing, Public Relations, Sales, Economics or related field.
- Computer literacy especially in PowerPoint, Word and Spreadsheets.
- At least 2 years of relevant sales experience in FMCG industry as well as proven experience in meeting targets
- Ability to develop and communicate a clear plan with strong customer focus
- Strong Proposal writing skills, business acumen & results oriented attitude
- Strong communication skills (oral & written)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understand the market and be a market changer for potential prospecting
- Have ability to create good networks and be actively field oriented
- Be creative and proactive in taking initiative to grow revenues
- Be able to manage the debt levels and adhere to credit terms
- Achieve sales & Collection targets for print
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities through creative selling
- Maintain & Build strong business relationships to promote the brand
The Star Publication Limited is an equal opportunity employer and will offer a competitive package to the successful candidates. If you match the above qualifications and requirements, apply on the link www.myjobsinkenya.com so as to reach us on or by 11th June 2021. Please include your daytime telephone number, names, telephone numbers and email addresses of 3 professional referees as well as your current and expected gross salary. In light of anticipated numerous applications, only short listed candidates will be contacted. Disclaimer:
The Star Publication Limited DOES NOT charge a recruitment fee or work with any persons or agencies which charge a recruitment fee.