We're excited to open applications for Emergency Operation Centre Management role to join our newly launched programme on Polio eradication in 8 different countries in Africa.
In this role, you'll be assisting and working closely with the Emergency Operation Centre Management Lead as well as the priority country government and Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI) partners to deliver on the core project team's activities and goals at a specific location.
You'll be supporting the Emergency Operation Centre Management Lead on programme delivery and specialist technical input to develop management processes and practices.
As our Polio programme is active in countries where French and English are officials languages, we are looking for bilingual candidates that are fluent in both English and French languages.
Programme Results/Impact Delivery
- Assist and work closely with the Emergency Operation Centre Management Lead as well as the priority country government and Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI) partners to deliver:
- Strengthened Polio Emergency Operations Centers (EOCs), to ensure effective partner collaboration with federal/local government ownership and commitment. The programme will contribute to improvements in services delivered as well as coordination and management of the EOCs. The program team will focus their analyses and actions to help deliver the critical components of an effective and accountable EOC.
- Empowered local communities with local volunteers building community support/demand for successful cVDPV2 outbreak response and holding authorities accountable for results. The volunteer community engagement will enable a more rapid scale up of outbreak response activities, and ensure that these efforts are sustained once the programme ends.
- Agile programme monitoring and learnings to develop and improve on a Polio EOC Playbook, address critical operational and partner collaboration challenges and continuously improve Polio EOC operations, functions and processes.
- Ensure plans are developed, implemented and complied with the programme’s Duty of Care Officer and stakeholders (employees, volunteers, primary actors, etc.)
Be a thought leadership partner
- Actively participate both in the development and execution of the Polio EOCs in Africa programme approach, workplans and activities.
- Contribute to ongoing monitoring and evaluation efforts to capture core learnings and insights from VSO’s work strengthening Polio EOCs.
- Create highly effective community engagement/local volunteering to support community engagement, ownership and demand for vaccination/outbreak response campaigns.
- Assist their Emergency Operation Centre Management Lead as a co-leader of their Core Team in priority countries. EOC Specialists are expected to continuously build their programme leadership capabilities to enable them to deputise for the EoC Management Lead.
Safeguarding, Security and Risk Management
- Commit to VSO’s vision and values, including safeguarding and taking a zero-tolerance approach to abuse and harm. Ensure plans are developed and being implemented with the programme’s Duty of Care Lead teamand stakeholders (staff, volunteer, primary actors, etc.) are aware and comply.
- Work closely with and follow the instructions/advice of the Core Programme support team and the wider VSO global functions to ensure theoverall Polio EOCs in Africa programme is able to successfully achieve programme objectives in all of its priority countries.
A Graduate degree in a relevant course of study including but not limited to public health/epidemiology, biomedical sciences, business public administration, and international development
- Experience and expertise working to improve health programme effectiveness and efficiency in Africa, Asia or Latin America
- Previous experience working with strong programme teams in challenging country and/or multicultural environments
- Strong interpersonal skills that will enable them work as a trusted advisor with other Polio EOC leaders and partners.
- Strong political and cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of volunteerism in development, including previous volunteering experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of social inclusion, social accountability, and resilience.
- Previous experience working with Polio EOCs or other EOCs in Africa (or other regions)
- Knowledge of and experience working in priority countries in Africa.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and/or French (additional language abilities particularly African languages are welcome
Strong leadership skills, including the ability to inspire teams and partners.
Strong personal relationship skills with substantial experience in networking and influencing a diverse range of stakeholders
All applications to be submitted through the link https://www.vsointernational.org/about/careers/emergency-operation-centre-specialist-a0m3z00000d7yloaaz?source=myJobsinKenya before 31 Dec 2020.