To technically support the implementation of inclusive learning through play by 3-6 year olds within early-childhood care and education provision,
Project Inception Period
- Work in a team to develop an early childhood care and education (ECCE) educators’ multi-media self -learning toolkit and app on inclusive learning through play
- Strengthen evidence and documentation on the programmatic context, including on social inclusion and gender, to inform project design development
- Work with VSO M&E team to ensure the project data system and processes are designed to capture key data on implementation of inclusive learning through play and usable by school staff, national volunteers and education officials and inspectors
Project Implementation Period:
- Train, provide field level mentoring, and facilitate peer learning for national volunteers on their work with educators, head teachers, school governing bodies and other community stakeholders
- Collaborate with national volunteers in training and mentoring educators and head teachers on learning through play and facilitating their peer learning
- Collaborate with national volunteers in training district and sub-district education officials and inspectors, school governing bodies and community volunteers on provision of, and accountability for, quality, inclusive learning through play
- Provide technical advice to district and sub-district officials and national volunteers on project activity planning, tracking progress, generating learning and adaptive implementation with reference to quantitative and qualitative data
- Provide advice and guidance on effective engagement of parents, community volunteers and the wider community to build support for LtP.
- Support the development of materials and communication message aimed at parents, parents, community volunteers and the wider community to build support for LtP.
- Produce accurate and reflective data-informed reports and impact case stories for project review, evaluation, and advocacy for improvements in ECCE
Bachelor’s degree or post-graduate degree in Early Childhood/Early Years Education
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience of teaching early childhood education focused on inclusive learning through play for 3-6 years old children Fluent English speaker with good written skills and the ability to explain complex concepts to audiences of different levels of experience and knowledge.
- Able to produce accurate, evidence based, reflective reports, case stories with reference to qualitative and quantitative data on a quarterly basis
- Working knowledge of early childhood education learning through play for improving learning through play pedagogy for teaching early childhood education children/ kindergarten
- Extensive experience of training early childhood care and education educators on learning through play pedagogies
- Ability and experience of mentoring ECCE Educators to practically advance learning through play in indoor and outdoor environments
- Experience of training education leaders on supervision, monitoring to support ECCE
- Ability to develop professional development materials on inclusive learning through play preferably resources for remote learning and digital/app-based material
- Ability to use technology for professional development and use data to monitor progress and inform changes to approaches and support provided for professional development.
- Strong skills in facilitating peer learning amongst professionals
- Ability to identify and promote LtP approaches to meet the needs of children with learning difficulties and/or disabilities
- Able other stakeholders to increase understanding of LtP and build support and partnership between schools and parents for LtP
- Capacity to build understanding and support for LtP approaches amongst teachers, school leaders, local authorities and national government stakeholders.
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please click on the link //bit.ly/earlyyearsadvisertalentpool for more information.
All applications to be submitted through the link before 31st December 2022