An opportunity to join the Data and Insight team at VSO. With a focus on continuous improvement, you will manage the data aspects of all VSO’s direct supporter communication activities (engagement and fundraising). You’ll be joining our team at a very exciting time as we go live with a new Customer Data Platform. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced impact-focused Data Selection Officer.
- Effective and accurate selection and segmentation of supporter data, including making targeting, tailoring, and personalisation recommendations to improve the effectiveness of each communication against KPIs.
- Input to testing strategies, including advice to prioritise business testing requirements and developing accurate test designs to maximise learning from comms.
- Ensuring a robust data quality control process is established and followed for all comms selections.
- Steer the data briefing process to ensure pragmatic, value-adding approaches are adopted and requirements are clearly defined.
- Plan and implement data selection projects to client satisfaction, resolve issues and conflicts in a timely manner, and delivery of final data accurately and on time.
- Ensure that all data selected and transmitted is in compliance with data protection laws and VSO data policies and meets the communication preferences expressed by the individuals being selected.
- Ensure the end-to-end selection processes are well documented and complete.
- Write back comms data to operational systems.
- Potentially cover a variety of data & insight day-to-day tasks as and when required after sufficient instructions.
- Other duties commensurate with the post required.
- Work as part of the Data & Insight team and with colleagues in other teams to understand business requirements and to agree a project plan which reflects key dependencies, other project delivery dates and some contingency.
- Pro-actively collaborate with colleagues in Public Fundraising, Programmes and People Group on how data can help them to achieve the objectives of their specific communications
- Guide colleagues in Public Fundraising, Programmes and People Group to ensure accurate data briefing and an understanding data outputs to enable them to sign off the data work against their brief.
- Working closely with colleagues, producing comms reports, and inputting to the evaluation of results and recommendations for future improvements.
- Contribute to improvements to any aspects of the role, especially those that will improve comms performance, data quality, and team efficiency
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- Understanding of Mailchimp or other ESP’s
- Experience as an internal supplier to direct marketing or fundraising teams
- Strong commitment to VSO’s values; high energy, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.
- Experience of working with BlueVenn (Engage) or Raiser’s Edge.
- An understanding of charity sector codes of conduct/ best practice and how these impact on data management.
- Experience of handling and manipulating large data sets using Microsoft Excel.
- Expert knowledge of using Customer Data Platforms, Campaign Management Tools, CRM tools (preferably BlueVenn Engage).
- Demonstrable understanding of direct marketing techniques and audience segmentation with a history of successfully applying these principals to a variety of marketing activities.
- Good working knowledge of fundraising and marketing regulations including data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR).
- Substantial experience producing complex and segmented data extracts.
- Proven ability to prioritize, schedule, and meet deadlines for short-term, medium-term, and recurring tasks whilst working with a range of different teams
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information in a digestible way to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to think creatively to deliver to target;
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide sponsorship for this position, so please ensure you have the right to work in one of the VSO Country Office locations.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please click the link to apply before 15th June 2021 http://bit.ly/dataselectionofficer2