To lead in the provision of reporting and analysis that delivers actionable insight and underpins business decisions. Support and contribute to the development of data projects and technical solutions on which insight depends.
Reporting and analysis
- The post holder will proactively work on the provision of high-quality reporting and analysis that delivers actionable insight to shape and guide decision-making across VSO, contributing to ambitious growth targets.
- Design, develop and produce regular reports to analyze campaign results and supporter journeys to provide engaging and actionable trends and insights.
- Design, develop and produce supporter profile reports.
- Aid in the design and development of segmentation and the measurement of supporter engagement.
- Proactively communicate and share insights with internal and external stakeholders to ensure key findings are understood and meaningful.
- Promote the use of analysis in aiding decision making. The post holder will be a skilled communicator, ensuring that often highly complex information is understood and accessible to a wide range of stakeholders at all levels.
- Produce and maintain procedures to ensure business continuity. You will keep abreast
of developments within the sector and share this knowledge widely.
- Implementation of robust procedures and documentation that ensure analysis and reports can be produced by other team members and understood and accessed by clients.
Data quality and integrity
- Support the Database Manager, and the team more widely, to ensure that our data architecture is fit for purpose in delivering robust insight.
- Support the Database Manager in improving the accuracy of the data we hold.
People and Partnership
- Effectively lead, develop and motivate other members of the team in building reporting and analysis skills.
- Provide technical and expert advice to the organization to ensure the importance of data quality and the value of insight is understood and valued.
- Knowledge of PowerBI
- Knowledge of SQL for data manipulation, reporting and analysis
- Advanced Excel
- Experience of using reporting and analysis to influence senior fundraising colleagues and improve strategy.
- Substantial knowledge of database/ CRM systems such as Raisers Edge, BlueVenn and Salesforce.
- The post-holder should be committed to continual professional development
- Strong statistical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex information.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical colleagues.
- Excellent knowledge of data protection and recent regulations and legislation related to data use.
- Knowledge of the principles of database marketing and an understanding of statistical techniques.
- Demonstrable ability to manipulate, analyse and interpret data and present it visually.
- An understanding of charity sector codes of conduct/ best practice and how these impact on data management.
- Project Management skills.
- Experience of propensity modelling, use of SAS / SPSS software.
- Experience of working on CRM/ database migrations.
- Experience of using data visualisation tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of Access
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
Ability to be open minded and respectful
Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide sponsorship for this position, so please ensure you have the right to work in one of the VSO locations.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please click on the link to apply before 8th August //bit.ly/dataandinsightanalyst