SHOFCO combats gender inequality and extreme poverty in urban slums by linking tuition free schools for girls to holistic social services for all. The SHOFCO model elevates girls while connecting community transformation to women's empowerment. Our ecosystem of services enables everyone to reach their full potential. Our holistic services change communities today: we improve health, provide economic opportunity, work to end gender-based violence and create sanitation systems that offer dignity. Tomorrow, our girls will become next-generation leaders, disrupting the systems that hold poverty in place.
The Data Analyst will work to analyse and visualize data from SHOFCO’s large-scale Youth Engagement and Livelihoods project, which spans multiple programs and regions of Kenya. Systems created by SHOFCO’s MEL team will bring in large volumes of data on the effects of SHOFCO’s programming, the needs of communities, and other important factors central to SHOFCO’s mission. The Data Analyst will derive insights from these datasets using analytical tools (e.g. via R, Python), and work with the MEL team’s leadership to visualize (e.g. via PowerBI, Google Data Studio) and communicate these insights to SHOFCO program teams, leadership, and funders.
Location/Workstation-Nairobi (main SHOFCO offices in Kibera or Mathare); remote work acceptable part of the time
Reports to-Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Director
Direct reports to-Data Assistants
Working hours- Monday – Friday | 8.00 AM – 5.00PM
- Conduct data cleaning and analysis, build visualizations, and generate and communicate insights from data for SHOFCO’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning(MEL) function.
- Support SHOFCO leadership and program-leaders to make decisions based on data and evidence, to improve impacts.
- Creates metrics, visualizations, and communications that demonstrate SHOFCO’s impact.
- Bachelor’s in a related field (statistics, mathematics, economics, computer science, etc.)
- 3+ years of high-quality professional experience analyzing data, communicating insights and driving decisions
- Previous experience delivering on multiple workstreams simultaneously
- Demonstrable data anlysis and visualization outputs, or completions of certifications/courses (professional or academic) that require successful analysis/visualization.
- Demonstrated ability with relevant data analysis and visualization software, including at least some of R, Python, PowerBI, and/or Google Data Studio & Sheets.
- Experience with data collection tools (e.g. SurveyCTO, Kobo).
- Some knowledge and experience with Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning of non-profit projects is required.
- Data management and interpretation
- Task and program management
- Able to generate and communicate insights from data
- Attentive to detail
- Able to deliver and receive feedback
All applications to be submitted before 11th December 2022.
NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS
Please be truthful when answering the questionnaire and provide working contacts. All Applicants must provide at least three professional references.SHOFCO is an equal opportunity employer and does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process. We, therefore, advise the general public to exercise due diligence when applying for employment.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted