We are looking for a Dairy Production Manager, High Value Products.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct the activities of the production facility relating to yogurt, cream, lala & other value added products.
- To define new products with specific emphasis on high value products to improve the product offering in the market and have best of class in the market
- To support the factory manager & ensure customer orders are received, scheduled, produced and shipped at the lowest possible cost to meet the customers’ requirements while maintaining corporate established quality standards.
- Support the Quality Assurance role in the company to ensure that it supports the high QA standards and compliance and to assess potential food security risks and to ensure food security preventive measures are being implemented and routinely audited regarding the handling, processing, and storage of all food ingredients as well as finished dairy products.
- Analyse production operations to ensure that the facility maintains a leadership position in the industry and that it takes advantage of new processes and technologies that become available.
- Responsible for expense control, including labour and overhead costs in the production department for all high value products
- Develop annual production expense budgets in accordance with forecasted sales volumes and planned inventory levels for the high value products
- Provide reliable and accurate reports to management to ensure that end of month closing schedules are met.
- Ensure that appropriate standard operating procedures are developed and maintained for all aspects of the business.
- Implement new & support the current plant safety programs and ensure compliance with good manufacturing practices.
- Support all internal, customer and government audits to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for maintaining proper staffing levels, employee performance evaluations, discipline, and employee recommendations for the high value production department
- Responsible for the overall succession planning and development of high value production staff.
Degree In Dairy Management/technology
Degree in Dairy Management/Technology
- 10 years hands-on experience production plant operations & management experience required
- 5 years Dairy or Perishable goods production management experience required with specific bias on high value product production (yogurt, cheese, cream)
- Strong ability to build and foster relationships across the organisation as the dairy subject matter expert.
- Must be able to work well with others, train and supervise staff, handle multiple tasks effectively and organize work,
- Ability to formulate policy, plan budgets, motivate employees, direct activities, evaluate and solve problems.
- Good understanding of budgets & cost control
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Planning and organizing abilities
- Strong leadership and teamwork abilities
- Good analytical skills
- Stress tolerance, adaptable with ability to pro-actively solve problems
- Integrity, with a commitment to service
- Ability to make strategic decisions and delegate
All applications should be submitted by 12th July 2020