Announcement Number: Nairobi-2021-057
Hiring Agency: Embassy Nairobi
Position Title: Custodian- All Interested applicants
Open Period: 09/17/2021 - 09/30/2021
The U.S. Mission in Nairobi is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Custodian in Facilities Management.
- The incumbent reports to the Custodial Supervisor and works as a member of a Custodial Team to perform a wide range of janitorial tasks.
- Duties include maintaining sanitary health and strict safety standards, escorting contractors, and general labor duties.
- The individual is responsible for performance of scheduled and unscheduled cleaning and custodial tasks throughout offices, buildings, entrance/exit areas, garages, shops, and plaza areas of the Embassy compound and other US government properties.
- The incumbent may also move furniture or appliances, assist various offices' in loading/unloading shipments, opening/moving crates and boxes, assist with setting up for conferences or ceremonies to include .. delivery and setting up chairs, tables, and equipment for conferences and ceremonies.
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- Level III English (Good Working Knowledge; Reading/speaking /writing) is required. (This may be tested.)
- Level III Kiswahili (Good Working Knowledge; Reading/speaking /writing) is required.
- One year of general work experience is required.
- Must have general knowledge and understanding of Use/Care/Storage/ Maintenance of Cleaning equipment and materials.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be physically fit and capable of performing heavy physical work.
- Must be able to lift, handle and carry heavy loads with or without the assistance of elevators or other devices.
- Must be able to use electronic powered carts (Golf Carts), Hand trucks and other simple hand tools.
- Must be able to perform all job activities and duties in a responsible manner to avoid the creation of safety and health hazards.
- Must be able to conform to established safety and health policy and procedures.
- Must be able to properly utilize appropriate personnel protective equipment as required by the job activity.
- Must report hazardous conditions.
- Must inform supervisor of all accidents, illnesses and injuries.
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applications are to be submitted through the link before 30th September 2021 //erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/vacancy/viewVacancyDetail.hms?_ref=t3ljq0zrpt0&returnToSearch=true&jnum=27000&orgId=25