Announcement Number: Nairobi-2020-044
Hiring Agency: Embassy Nairobi
Position Title: Cultural Affairs Assistant - All Interested Applicants
Open Period: 06/29/2020 - 07/15/2020
Under the direct supervision of the Public Affairs Administrative Assistant, the incumbent provides logistical and administrative support for public diplomacy programs, events, and staff. The incumbent is also responsible for office management tasks and time and attendance and serves as the back-up grants manager.
Assists with organizing public events and programs, including identifying venues, organizing food and beverages, and preparing invitations. Liaises with vendors to design and purchase marketing materials for public diplomacy programs.
- Completion of Secondary School is required
- Two years (2) of College studies is required.
- A good working knowledge of Kenya’s political, social and educational structure and institutions and key personalities.
- Working knowledge of U. S. society and culture.
- English (Fluent, Speaking/Reading/Writing is required (This may be tested).
- Kiswahili (Fluent, Speaking/Reading/Writing is required.
A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in a major organization in budget, accounting, business administration, financial management, organizational management, public administration, project management, or grants management work is required.
- Interpersonal skills, customer service skills and technical skills.
- Advanced skills in word processing, spreadsheet programs, databases, and Internet.
- Ability to engage with contacts of all levels, from high school students to Ministers and other high-level government officials, as well as renowned artists in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to convey complex ideas in simple, comprehensible language for all levels of interlocutors.
- Ability to solve sometimes complex problems, particularly as they relate to program logistics and finances.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Interested candidates click on the link //erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/vacancy/viewVacancyDetail.hms?_ref=nlvhefzbpt0&returnToSearch=true&jnum=16592&orgId=25 to apply for the position before 15th July 2020