Our Client, a leading Tours & Travel Company seeks to recruit a Credit Control Manager who will be responsible for managing the debts and to oversee debts owed to a company from existing creditors. This role requires building and maintaining strong relationships with clients.
Reports to: Finance Manager
- Maintain and improve company credit policies to ensure debtor account balances are maintained within agreed upon terms.
- Continuously review creditworthiness of all existing clients to ensure the company is not exposed to bad debts.
- Advise management of any indications of bad debts by constantly reviewing debtor account activity and statements.
- Driving the debt collection process which includes sending constant reminders, client visits and demand letters when deemed necessary.
- Ensure client accounts are updated at any given time through reconciliations and allocation of receipts to corresponding invoices.
- Periodical review of account ageing analysis to identify slow moving and potential bad debts and ensure appropriate action is taken.
- Support the company’s working capital position by ensuring that the debtor days are maintained within the BSP calendar.
- Through reports, ensure the management is informed of accounts receivable position, expected collections and credit risks.
- Ensure new debtor accounts are opened and management within the stipulated quality management system procedures.
- Supervise, review performance and provide leadership to the credit control department.
- Minimum degree in a business related field from a reputable university.
- Professional diploma course in Credit Management (Certified Credit Professional K is preferred) CPA K will also be considered
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in credit management, debt collection, and business risk management Preferably gained from the service industry
- Good customer and negotiation skills
- Effective hands-on manager able to lead a team of members of staff
- Result oriented, energetic go getter ready to face new challenges
- Ability to meet with defaulting customers and ensure ultimate conversion
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their updated CV and cover letter with a day –time Telephone number to the email address: [email protected] with Credit Control Manager on the Subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries