Our client a large network agency that offers services across the full spectrum of marketing domains including advertising (on and offline),
Customer Engagement & Commerce, Digital Transformation, Shopper Marketing, Media, PR & Influence; all under one unified setup is recruiting a Country Manager to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
The country manager is the owner of our ambitions, and the company, in the country. S(he) has the overall responsibility to build, manage and grow the agency in the country.
At our agency, we call them the 5 Ps
- PEOPLE – build and mentor a world-class team
- Bring the agency vision to life, in-country and champion it internally and externally
- Build a team with strong agency values and live those values as a role model
- Further, strengthen the employer brand as the hardest agency to get in, and the hardest to leave
- Conduct Performance Management Program and career conversations in partnership with the People Team
- Align individual goals with company goals, for every member of the team
- Collaborate with the regional hub in Nairobi, and with the wider agency and WPP global network
- Manage resource planning and allocations for the office
- Lead and inspire the team to deliver high levels of motivation and performance
- PRODUCT – lead by example in being the champion of creative transformation
- Partner with the strategy and creative teams towards creating a world-class creative product for the agency
- Be a champion of innovation and the intrapreneur within the team
- Build and manage an innovation funnel and a culture of pilots
- Be the subject-matter-expert in creating solutions that deliver measurable RoI for clients and helps them grow their business
- PROCESS – build and manage systems that are aligned to the agency’s global standards
- Oversee compliance for the team across systems and processes including business, finance, HR, and admin
- Partner with WPP’s regional shared resources to drive process excellence in the market
- PERCEPTION/ REPUTATION – build a blue-chip image for the agency in the country, amongst all stakeholders
- Position the agency as the top partner-of-choice for leading clients in the country
- Be the face of the agency in the country and strengthen its position as a thought leader in the industry
- Support regional initiatives by promoting them in-market and drive visibility
- Build agency reputation as their strongest partner, amongst existing clients
- Build agency credentials, profile, media outreach, web/ social footprint
- PROFIT/ FINANCIALS – deliver consistent profitable growth (organic, new business, and innovation-led)
- Take ownership of the country’s financial targets
- Ensure the highest rate of client satisfaction by building relationships based on trust and mutual respect
- Own the financial targets for the country (net sales, growth, revenue, and costs)
- Demonstrate the highest standards of ethics in all financial dealings
- Implement a long-term strategy for business growth, while delivering quarterly and annual
Must be educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably with some financial qualifications or training – a solid understanding of budgeting and sales/ revenue planning.
A deep appreciation of content-data-tech and how it impacts the marketing mix, with a keen eye for creativity.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the sector the company operates within and full understanding of Working knowledge of the agency’s offerings across brand, media, PR & Influence, digital social, and tech.
- A strong understanding of how a business operates. The successful candidate will have a proven track record demonstrating their understanding and business acumen.
- Prior experience managing cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills (spoken, written)
- Ability to form long term partnerships through active networking
Kindly forward your application to [email protected] indicating the job title as the subject. Please also share your motivation for the role along with your updated CV before 12th April 2021